Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by rkold View Post
    We're hoping to go to DL next week, and I will check to see which bathrooms don't have a blower, since if there is one, DD will find it so she can play with it. >>;
    We are going on the 5th. If you go before that and recall which ones have blowers, that would be super helpful. I know it is such a dumb thing to be concerned about. lol

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    We are going on the 5th. If you go before that and recall which ones have blowers, that would be super helpful. I know it is such a dumb thing to be concerned about. lol
    Eheh I think we are going on the 4th and 5th. We are planning to do California Adventure on the 4th and Disneyland proper on the 5th. (We've visiting relatives in Irvine and then visiting Disney )

Are you staying on property? We're trying to Worldmark, it's a Wyndham TimeShare. >>;
    Mother to DD 10/2010

Quote Originally Posted by rkold View Post
    Eheh I think we are going on the 4th and 5th. We are planning to do California Adventure on the 4th and Disneyland proper on the 5th. (We've visiting relatives in Irvine and then visiting Disney )

Are you staying on property? We're trying to Worldmark, it's a Wyndham TimeShare. >>;
    We are in the LA area, so we just drive down for the day. Usually we get a park hopper, but my parents are in town and we are taking them, so we are just going to Disney, as I have a feeling we will be moving slower.

We are in the LA area, so we just drive down for the day. Usually we get a park hopper, but my parents are in town and we are taking them, so we are just going to Disney, as I have a feeling we will be moving slower.
    Oh that makes perfect sense. I will try to post our visit for at least DCA. Since it is me and DD in DCA and me, DD, my mom, my DSiL and DN in DL, I think one park each day is enough. DD is 4.5 and petite and DN just turned 1. We live on the East Coast and are DVC so we visit FL a lot, but only visit Disneyland when visiting relatives/having a long layover in LA.
    Mother to DD 10/2010

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I haven't been to DL in a while, but I do remember all the "sponsored by Sparkle" signs. So I'm thinking they don't have air dryers. (But things may have changed.)
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

I just want to provide an update. I was really stressing about this issue, so I sent an email to the disability service department of Disneyland last night. A lady called me back this morning. She said the only bathroom in the entire park that has hand dryers is the bathroom in Critter Country by Splash Mountain. All the other bathrooms have paper towels. That is a huge relief for us. I was so impressed that they called me.

Great news!
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

I just want to provide an update. I was really stressing about this issue, so I sent an email to the disability service department of Disneyland last night. A lady called me back this morning. She said the only bathroom in the entire park that has hand dryers is the bathroom in Critter Country by Splash Mountain. All the other bathrooms have paper towels. That is a huge relief for us. I was so impressed that they called me.
    What a great update! As I was reading this thread and saw the posts about DL's lines not accommodating strollers, I wanted to protest. DL and WDW really try very hard to accommodate any and all disabilities. If your child needs to stay in the stroller, they will enable you to use the strollers in lines or use the strollers in the alternative entrances that accommodate wheelchairs. The last time we went to Disney, I was suffering from very bad back pain. In order to walk or stand for any period of time, I needed to lean on something. My youngest at the time was 11 months, and I couldn't carry her in lines. I knew the solution for me would be to use the stroller as a walker for my back and as a means to hold the baby. I explained the situation when we got to WDW, and I was given a special tag that said "stroller as wheelchair." That tag enabled us to use the stroller in the lines. When the lines had stairs and such, we were able to use the accessible alternative entrances. Often the waits at those entrances were longer, which was surprising, but we were grateful!!! Thank goodness they allowed us that accommodation, because I would have had to use a scooter or something otherwise. I'm positive that if you need to use the stroller, Disney will enable you to use it.

123luckymom, she told me about that too with the stroller, and we could also get a disability access pass(can't recall the exact name of it, but the sort of fast pass type thing). All in all, I think it will go okay. My biggest concern was the bathrooms, everything else would be easy enough to work around. My son will be so happy to hear tha Disneyland doesn't have "scary" bathrooms as he calls them.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Will you have a stroller with you most of the time? We carried a paper towel roll, a pack of wipes, a small first aid kit, a couple of empty plastic bags, and several water bottles in the stroller basket for our first couple of trips to DL. They came in way, way useful for lots of reasons and none of those items are a big deal if someone wants to steal them. My kids also HATED the blow dryers, and honestly I just had them wash their hands and not dry them. They dry quickly enough outside in the sun.

Oh, and I kept a pack of post-it notes in my purse for automatic toilets - my kids STILL hate those and I still have to cover up the sensor for them.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 07-29-2015 at 10:26 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast