Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    ckso is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mackmama View Post
    Neither of us understand the differences between CA and Disneyland. We are both Disney newbies. DH read the website though and said CA sounds like it's mostly for teens?
    IMO, its opposite. CA more towards toddlers and DL more wide range. CA has the bugs land and Disney Jr which is really catered to the 5 and under range. It's also more laid back, less crowded and generally less overwhelming.

I have annual passes and started going when DDs were 2 and 4. We definitely did mostly CA. Now that DD1 is almost 7, we're doing more DL. But if your DC is more interested in Mickey and friends characters, then DL is the place to go. Toons town is pretty awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

FWIW my boys are almost 4 and just turned 6.

There are only a few rides we do at CA, but my boys like Carsland and seeing the Pixar characters. Most of the rides are too wild for my kids. We do the Monsters Ride, Toy Story Mania (which they like, but I don't), and the rides in Carsland. That is it. My boys don't like the Bugs Life area. They are too short for a bunch of other rides. We only need a few hours at California Adventure. If you just want to see characters, CA is the better park for that as they have a lot of the current characters from recent Pixar movies and the lines are shorter to meet them.

For rides, my kids much prefer Disneyland. There are a lot more rides there that they like. They don't really care about the characters, other than Winnie, so we don't need to mess with the lines for those. There are tons of rides that my boys can do there. If given the choice, my boys pick Disneyland every time.

If you want to meet characters, CA is the park to go. If you want rides, go to Disneyland.

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Stupid question-- but is there separate admission for CA and DL or do DL admissions include CA?
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    Stupid question-- but is there separate admission for CA and DL or do DL admissions include CA?
    Separate. But you can buy a park hopper if you want to go to both on the same day. If OP we're going for more than 4 hours (which she really should!!) that'd be a great option.

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Separate. But you can buy a park hopper if you want to go to both on the same day. If OP we're going for more than 4 hours (which she really should!!) that'd be a great option.
    Ok, thanks!
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ckso View Post
    Disneyland also came out with their official app that tells you wait times and where the characters are.
    I just got this app and it looks very helpful. It's free, so absolutely worth it to track characters, find bathrooms etc.

My kids are 3 & 6 prefer CA too. They love the Redwood Creek Trail area, the Toy Story ride, just about everything in Cars Land (including the food), the Disney Jr. Show, all of the Frozen characters and activities, Soarin' (just DD, 3 y.o. is too small), Jumpin' Jellyfish and the Golden Zephyr in the boardwalk area. Even the Little Mermaid ride is fun. We haven't seen the Pixar parade in a while, but I remember it being really cute. You can usually meet Mickey and Minnie in different costumes around the park too.

I just checked the app and today all of these characters are at CA: Buzz, Woody, Jessie, Donald Duck, Dug and Russell from Up (they don't do autographs), Pluto, Oswald, Olaf, Chip, Dale, Goofy, Mickey, Minnie, Sulley, Frozone, Mr. Incredible, Anna & Elsa, Doc McStuffins, Jake, Sofia the First, Flik, Lightning McQueen, Mater and Red.

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks all- we went and had a great time!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4