Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thank you for all the great replies. I am sold that we will stay at a Disney park for that day but now I'm wondering if we would like Animal Kingdom. We've done Epcot and MK (and Universal) before but never HS or AK. I'm wanting a park that won't make us want to push ourselves too hard for a full day and it sounds like both these parks fit the bill.

I meant to add that DD loves princesses and is excited about shows at this point. She is also over 40 in so could ride Tower of Terror if she wants. She's outgoing and a bit of a daredevil. My boys don't care about characters, only rides. Decisions, decisions....
    Last edited by carolinamama; 08-05-2015 at 09:54 PM.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If your DD likes Frozen, then check out the Frozen Sing Along at HS. We loved it! Toy Story Mania and Tower of Terror were big hits also. AK is also fun. If you do AK, be sure to check out the show It's Tough to be a Bug. The show was super cute with short lines and the actual show is short also.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

So we've still been skipping it in favor of other options. Legoland supposedly has a short window (not good over 12years maybe?) so we decided to take advantage of that option for a couple years. (We go through the area yearly and make an overnight/park visit.) Have you considered legoland?

Before we do DHS, we'll likely do animal kingdom. We keep on hitting other zoos before going to Orlando, so we're not usually very keen on doing more animal stuff. But legos...we're good with those!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Do legoland. It's the perfect time for your kids. Next time they will be too old for it.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

If your kids like Disney Jr, I think it's great. I have spent hours in the all you can eat buffet meeting Doc and Sophia and the Frozen sing a long is very fun. There is also a Disney Jr stage show my 3 yr old loved. We just do half a day there, but really enjoy it.
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    Thank you for all the great replies. I am sold that we will stay at a Disney park for that day but now I'm wondering if we would like Animal Kingdom. We've done Epcot and MK (and Universal) before but never HS or AK. I'm wanting a park that won't make us want to push ourselves too hard for a full day and it sounds like both these parks fit the bill.

I meant to add that DD loves princesses and is excited about shows at this point. She is also over 40 in so could ride Tower of Terror if she wants. She's outgoing and a bit of a daredevil. My boys don't care about characters, only rides. Decisions, decisions....
    I hate saying this because I am HUGE animal lover, but AK was boring for my princess loving 3 yr old. We did the Safari and she kind of liked that (I thought it was wonderful!), but everything else lost her attention especially the Flights of Wonder show. She did kind of like the It's Tough to be a Bug movie and again, I thought it was really clever! Hollywood Studios with Sophia and Doc was by far the bigger hit.
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

We went when the kids were 9, 7, and 5. DD was 7 the other are boys. DS1 and DD liked AK and DHS more than the other parks, because of the rides. They really liked that DS2 was too short for Rock n Roller Coaster and got them a couple extra fast passes for it .

We all liked Toy Story, the Muppet Ride, Star Tours. I don't know height limits on them. DS2 and DD and I went to the Disney Jr and they loved it. They enjoyed the show and meeting Sophia and Jake.

I think DHS had more to do for all of them than AK did. DS2 was too afraid of Expedition Everest after his first ride. They thought Dinosaur was fine. The other kids loved Expedition Everest and rode it a bunch. The animals didn't do a lot for any of them.
    Kris

My DD is 4, turning 5 in Oct and she likes both DHS and AK. She just made the 40 inch height line a couple days ago, so I'm really looking forward to our Oct trip.

She loves: the Disney Jr show (I don't, it's floor seating.) Frozen Sing-Along (which is well done), and the Disney Jr. Play-n-Dine. I'm excited to take her on Star Tours and possibly the Tower of Terror in Oct. She sometimes likes Toy Story Mania. I think she gets upset because her aim is lacking and she doesn't like to lose. Fantasmic scared her. Sofia meets here, so if your 4 year old is a Sofia fan it's a good choice. We're hoping to try Jedi training this year.

We love AK. My DD actually loves the Flight of Wonder show. It's one of her favorites. She also loves the Boneyard playground. It's well designed, extensive and gives the kids a chance to run around. Pochahantas meets in AK and I think it is one of the only parks she meets in regularly.

I've never been to Legoland. We tend to stay on property and have an AP, so it's cheaper and easier to just do Disney. I went to Universal once before DD was born, but have not been back, I think they have limited offerings for the short and the young.

I personally won't go to SeaWorld. I don't think it is right to keep orcas in captivity like they do at SeaWorld and to force them to perform tricks.
    Mother to DD 10/2010

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2