Default Sorry I was away so long!

It's been a heck of a summer, first 2 weeks in Hawaii, then 2.5 weeks in Europe (Italy and The Netherlands). My mom watched the kids for us, it was the first real vacation DH and I have had in 19 years!
    I spent most time in the cities, checking out strollers (SO MANY CITY MINIS!!! GO USA!!! lol), tons of bugaboo-shaped things with the cot, rather than an infant seat, which was cool. Went to a Chicco store, they have an infant seat that is so heavy, I thought it wasn't releasing from the base, but really I just wasn't putting enough muscle into lifting it, no wonder the saleslady said people like the US Chicco products better (except they have an incredibly cool looking combination seat and a nice low profile convertible that I thought were way cooler... and their exact-same strollers, like the Liteway and Echo, have belly bars, which the kids seemed WAY happier to be able to hang and lounge on when I saw them at work in the streets...).
    Anyway, I'm home now, unless I'm taking dd1 and her gang out (I miss public transportation already, she'd kill to be able to take a train or bus somewhere without begging me for a ride!)
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

meljc is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Welcome back! Way to make me jealous though.