flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default How many days in DW?

Booking a trip for December when my DD1 turns 4. So she will be 4 and DD2 will be 22 months. Would you do 4 full days or 5 full days? Thanks!
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would go for 5 full days if you can swing it. My thoughts are the bulk of the money has already been spent so we try to stay as many days as we can arrange. You can plan for a quiet day at the resort in the middle of your trip to recharge a bit if you think you're 4 yo would benefit from it.

Leaving Disney now, we went for the weekend and only went to Magic Kingdom. I had a 3month old and our oldest was turning 4. Stay in a resort so you can take naps and use the parks Extended Hours. Our Birthday boy was exhausted by 1pm both days and napped until 4ish and then we headed back for the night shift and he was out again by closing 2am. It would have been great adding another two days (four total) just for the 1 park because the lines make it to where you only get in 7 or 8 rides a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We last went to WDW when our boys were just 4 and 14 months. We did 4 park days straight but wished we had done 4 with a rest day in the middle. Based on that, we are returning this fall and doing it that way. Five full days in Orlando doing MK, Epcot, day off with MNSSHP that evening, HS, and then Universal. I did add in the Mickeys Halloween party on our rest day evening but plan for a more laid back park day at HS. 4 park days is *my* limit though so you may want more. We go on to St. Augustine for 2 days after Orlando.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

I would do 5 that way if you need a rest or revisit favorites, then you would have time.

We are going in Dec with a 5yo and 2yo and planning on 6 days. This is our first big trip outside of beach weeks so erred on the side of more time so we aren't rushing.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by marymoo86 View Post
    I would do 5 that way if you need a rest or revisit favorites, then you would have time.
    We've done full weeks in the past, but our last trip we had to cut a bit shorter. For me, it was just too rushed because we felt we needed to do "everything" in each park in just a day. Adding the extra day would be best to me.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thank you! I did 5!
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014