Nemesia is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default capsule wardrobe for kids - Tea collection? others?

My DH's company wants him to work in Germany for the remainder of the calendar year. We're leaving at the beginning of September, so I have a few weeks to pack and get everything organized. I'd like to get a capsule type wardrobe put together for my dds (10, 10, and 2). I know Tea has clothing sets that mix and match... are there others out there? I don't want to spend a ton, and I want it to be easy to wash, easy to mix and match, wear well, and carry us through fall into early winter.

Any suggestions? My older dds have sized out of Tea, so I'm thinking Land's End for them.

If I were doing this I would get neutral bottoms and cute tops plus a few layering pieces that could go with any of the bottoms. Then it wouldn't matter what brand everything was and you could probably incorporate a lot of things they already have (if they have season/size appropriate clothes already). Will they need specific clothes or uniforms for school? Or will you be homeschooling while you are there?
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Nemesia is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    If I were doing this I would get neutral bottoms and cute tops plus a few layering pieces that could go with any of the bottoms. Then it wouldn't matter what brand everything was and you could probably incorporate a lot of things they already have (if they have season/size appropriate clothes already). Will they need specific clothes or uniforms for school? Or will you be homeschooling while you are there?
    Great idea. Not sure about uniforms yet.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I do this for my kids when we travel. Boys either have navy or black athletic pants and shorts, and shirts that will match all the bottoms. For my girls, I love play dresses, no matching required. Or, i go with jeans and jeggings, with a mix of shirts (ls/ss) that all match a couple of sweaters and fleece jacket. I have never bought a whole set together, i just choose pieces that all coordinate. It makes packing and dressing so easy. I also find it cuts down on the number of shoes we bring.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Does HA have the sets this year like they did last fall? (I haven't looked...trying not to since we have all we need.) Are their seasons fall and winter also at this time?

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The new Hanna play dresses are adorable and you can mix and match with tights and leggings. Stripes and spots. So cute! For your older DDs I'd do Land's End.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator