Default Double Stroller or 2 Singles?

Our WDW trip is getting closer so I'm thinking about all the little details now....

Just as the title says, what is better for us? DD just turned 4 and DS2 is 6. Knowing DS2, I want a stroller for him since he can get cranky when he's tired. He is athletic and has great stamina when he wants (just played 18 holes of golf yesterday without a complaint) and keeps up with big brother when playing. So he may ride much but it will make our trip much more pleasant to have a seat for him available when he needs it. The boys (DH, DS1, and DS2) may want to break apart from DD and me and do more rides than DD, who loves princesses.

I have a BOB single for DD. Do I rent a City Mini GT double or single? We are driving so taking a stroller is no problem.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We rented a double the first time we went. DS1 was newly 5 and DS2 was newly 3. It was great for those times that one person had both DC. We would sit them in the stroller, buy them a treat, then take turns using our fast passes on the roller coasters. Worked like a charm. This time my DC are 7.5 and 5.5. I'm renting a single Bob. I don't foresee us using it all that much but I want to have a place for them to rest if needed as well as a place for water bottles and snacks.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My two are just turned six and an almost 4 yr old. We use two separate strollers. We just find it easier, as one of us may take one to do a few rides while the one is napping doing different rides.

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have done a city mini double GT the last couple trips (when kids were 3 and 5, then 4 and 6) and been happy with it. We rarely split up though so that wasn't an issue for us. We also parked it for extended periods of time when we were doing a bunch of rides in one area and the kids would walk.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Can either your 4 or 6 grsb old ride in the foot well of the Bob? Or could you hang an umbrella stroller off the bob handles?
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)