Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have an only and sat back there maybe a handful of times, but not many. I don't get carsick, but I find sitting in the back less comfortable than sitting up front. I could always reach back (she was in the middle rear facing) and we had mirrors, and toys on her carrier.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

When DS was rear facing, if DH was in the car, I was in the back seat with him. Then we had a second kid. Yeah, I never really sat back there with her or the youngest.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

jren is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I did when they were infants without good head control. Just for longer trips. If it works for you, no reason to change.

I have on the way home from the hospital with DS, who would not stop screaming. Patting his tummy calmed him down, and I just needed him to stop. It was more uncomfortable than the front seat after my c/s though. I have occasionally with a kid to help with a puke bucket or help them eat during a road trip when we didn't want to stop for a meal. Otherwise, the potential for being able to have a conversation with DH is a higher priority to me.

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have ever sat in the backseat, but very rarely. I get sick way too easily to spend much time in the backseat.
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011

almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I agree it's sweet and totally fine, but not my thing. I assumed they were fine without me, and usually asleep anyway, and I was happy for the time off to talk to my husband! I never even had a mirror. I guess I also wouldn't have wanted them to get too used to it and need someone with them, but that probably wouldn't have happened. If my kids had been cranky in the car, I probably would have done it, but they were super easy in the car, so I let them entertain themselves and sleep!
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

lfp2n is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I did it pretty much til I turned DD round but then again she always hated being in the car.
    Lucy DD3/03

I did on long trips until the last year or so... it was just easier to give the kids stuff etc when I was closer. As babies just running around town-no. I worked part time and we switched the kids back and forth between them so we had a LOT of face time with the kids but not much time for DH and I to be together so we would use the time to catch up. But I could totally see it in your situation!
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

No, didn't really do that.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Nope. Never did that except maybe home from the hospital.
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast