TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Boot fit question

I found a great deal on baby bogs so ordered a pair in two sizes for DD2. The size 4, which is her current shoe size, seems to fit perfectly. The size 5 is too large but she seemed to toddle around in them quite happily (in the house). I'm inclined to keep the larger pair for the winter and just put her in thicker socks, rather than risk having the size 4 be too small by the time the snow arrives. Does this sound rational, or should I hold onto both just in case (store has a 1-year return policy but I would rather not have both pairs of boots on the credit card).
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

If she can walk ok in the 5's I would just keep those. I don't know where you live, but I'm assuming it will be at least a month or two before she needs them?

Edit: DS is in 5's now, and I have a pair of size 6 boots waiting for winter.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    If she can walk ok in the 5's I would just keep those. I don't know where you live, but I'm assuming it will be at least a month or two before she needs them?

Edit: DS is in 5's now, and I have a pair of size 6 boots waiting for winter.
    We probably would not need them until the end of November. I tried them on again yesterday and they really look to big to me but she was happy as a clam.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Did you try on the 4 WITH heavy socks? Will she need to get them on/off by herself? I would probably be inclined just to keep the 5's.... it's amazing how they can grow in a month.

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'd keep the bigger size. They are a little clunky either way and she will get more wear out of them. They are pricey so it makes sense to me. My DD always grew super fast so I tended to err on the side of buying big.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

For snow boots, I plan on heavy socks. Keep the 5's.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle