Ms B is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Babies R Us Trade In Sale is here!

I have an old Maxicosi to trade in!

The Biscuit is just about to outgrow his RA55 and we need something else to put in the back of my convertible, use for travel and as a spare for when we start to carpool next year. Something narrower will fit the back of my Toyota Solar a best because the seats have back seat buckets. He's 42 inches tall and about 40 pounds.

Any ideas on what fits the bill and will be a good deal with the 25% off?
    DS - "The Biscuit" 8/11
    Forever ours 4/12!

Probably the Evenflo Secure Kid is your best bet, nice and light and narrow, should probably do the trick. There are some much bulkier Evenflos on display, they look super uncomfortable to me with the huge headwings, and I think they weigh a lot more. The Baby Trend Hybrid is an installation nightmare and has a super tight crotch strap, so nah on that. The Nautiluses and Argoses are heavy for travel so probably not those...same with the Pioneer (heavy...bulky...).
    Evenflo Maestro is basically the same as the Secure Kid, if you like it as well for quite a bit less money, the only thing different about it is the headrest doesn't move up (SK one moves, but they both make fairly tallish harnesses and fairly shortish boosters, regardless).
    Have fun shopping, tell us what you end up with!
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#