Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Sneaker Recs for High Instep Boys

Ds2 is tough on his shoes, ie they fall apart quickly. To complicate matters, he has a massively high instep. When he gets measured, his foot does not fall into the wide range. It's just the top of is his foot is huge. He has worked around this issue with Velcro Nike free sneakers, where he keeps the top fairly loose. Now he is transitioning to tie shoes and everything hurts him, including Nike free wides. Any recs? Brands? Should I try wides or extra wides?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Not tie but we have been very very happy with the plae shoes my 7 yo has. He has average width but high arches but was fine even with the normal length tab. He wore them basically every day and they still have tons of life yet but he just outgrew them.

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would recommend getting elastic shoe laces for whichever shoes you end up getting. I think they distribute the pressure of the laces over your foot better. I, too have a ridiculously high instep and just discover the beauty of elastic laces.
    DS 2/09

DS has inherited my high instep feet and he does well with Geox. Normal width are fine, he just needs them to be looser in height. Merrell can be OK depending on the style but we have found they don't hold up super well. The absolute worst re: instep are Keen.
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton