Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    jvs195 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

It is supposed to be for new members only, which seems to include people who have been sharing it (not as the primary member) as it would allow me to purchase for $67 but the start date is immediate. There is no discounted gift option. I had DH purchase so I can still use the last month of my shared membership and then he will share with me. I'm guessing amazon disabled the discount for gifts because of the 500+ posts on slickdeals telling you this was the way to game the system and buy multiple years at the discount price for existing members.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ok, I just bought it. The affiliate link did not work, but when I went to amazon's website directly I had the option to buy prime for $67. I am a completely new Prime customer (no previous membership, no sharing) even though I have had an amazon account for a very long time (I just don't use it often). I hope it pays off for me.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Hi folks! We just posted in another thread to apologize about the gift option advice we posted earlier. That isn't an option this time.

Meanwhile, if you don't have prime or your membership is about to expire and want to get it at $67 today only, here is a link to the $67 sale. (That link is affiliated. We may receive a small commission from Amazon if you purchase it through that link. We use these proceeds to help pay for bandwidth for the board. We appreciate your support!).

Alan & Denise
    BABY BARGAINS

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    Ok, I just bought it. The affiliate link did not work, but when I went to amazon's website directly I had the option to buy prime for $67. I am a completely new Prime customer (no previous membership, no sharing) even though I have had an amazon account for a very long time (I just don't use it often). I hope it pays off for me.
    Back to add that I have a bit of an unpleasant taste in my mouth already. On the final confirmation page, before I clicked "submit this order" the final price was $67 and tax was listed as $0. I placed the order. Then I see that on the purchase confirmation email I received, tax was charged. I'm really pi$$ed. Not over the tax, but over how it was handled. I did not know tax was going to be charged, but I needed to be told before I completed my order. I'm getting nowhere with Amazon, they keep saying that they are required by my state to charge tax. Yeah, I get that, but your practice was deceptive and therefore I want a credit to my account in the amount of the tax. Of course, I did not take a screen cap or print the screen right before I clicked "submit" because I had no idea the price would change!
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I find it pretty annoying that they offered this only to new members. Especially since I received an email advertising it. I don't think I will renew prime this year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3