Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Amazon Prime for $67 (valid this Friday 9-25 only!)

EDITED 9-25-15

Amazon is having a special sale on Prime this Friday—just $67 (regular $99). This post originally talked about how to gift yourself Prime membership at the lower price. As we've learned this morning, Amazon is NOT allowing that this time. Our apologies—we assumed they would run this sale similar to last year's sale which did allow gifting. So lesson learned . . . again, our apologies!

Meanwhile, if you don't have prime (or your membership is about to expire anyway) and want to get it at $67 today only, here is a link to the $67 sale. (This is an affiliated link—if you purchase the sale membership through that link, we may get a small commission. We use these proceeds to pay for bandwidth for the boards. We appreciate your support!)

Alan & Denise
    BABY BARGAINS
    Last edited by alandenisefields; 09-25-2015 at 11:42 AM.

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I noticed in the comments of a CNN Money article on the event, some existing Prime members are calling and getting $32 refunds on their Prime memberships.
    DS 2/09

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

So if this is a deal for new Prime customers, are we sure that existing customers will be able to use it when the time comes? Mine expires in Feb. next year.

for Sandy Hook

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I contacted Amazon customer service via chat and was able to receive a one time exception credit to my account for $32.00. I could not get both years, but I am very pleased. This way, I don't have to reset any of my settings or share information. Thank you for the suggestions.

That's awesome, Percycat. I am horrible at that stuff - can you post what you asked them that got you the credit?

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    So if this is a deal for new Prime customers, are we sure that existing customers will be able to use it when the time comes? Mine expires in Feb. next year.
    Last year they had a similar deal, and I was very worried about using it. It worked fine, though! I let my prime expire, and the next day, I used the gift membership. I don't do sharing, so the only things I noticed were that it resets your "member since" date, and the membership is noted as a gift membership. It kept my order history back through the beginning, though.

I have a question about the double year thing. My prime expires in April 2016. I assume that since the second renewal date will be April 2017 that I can't do two years. I could only do it if my renewal date were before December 31, 2016. Is that right? If it is, I'll try to get the refund for existing members rather than purchase the gift subscription.

keckert is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I am currently chatting with Amazon and getting nowhere with a refund. Anyone have any suggestions on what to say?
    DD#1 2/1/05, DD#2 8/5/07, DS 11/04/09

jillmk is online now Silver level (200+ posts)

No luck here either, CS said no. I may try again tomorrow.

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by keckert View Post
    I am currently chatting with Amazon and getting nowhere with a refund. Anyone have any suggestions on what to say?
    I have found some customer service reps are more helpful than others. If the first rep won't help me then I simply try again with another rep.
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast