Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default 2 month old poop frequency?

Ok, I know that young babies eating only breastmilk can go several days without pooping and that's totally normal......but just how many days? DD is 2.5 months old, exclusively breastfed, and until last weekend, had 1-2 dirty diapers a day. Now we're on day 6 of no dirty diapers. She's acting totally normal, eating totally normally ... how long before I get concerned? DD1 never went more than a day or two so this is new territory...
    Lizi

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Totally normal! BTDT & I know how worrying it can be but it is normal. With my DD it could be up to 7 days & she did go multiple times/day when she was a newborn.

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I remember those days! It was nerve wracking! I just knew he was going to go at the least convenient time! Very, very normal. I think my DS went about once a week during that phase - it is such a big change that happens suddenly!
    DS 2/09

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yeah, totally normal and the pediatrician's nurse watned us it was likely. I think our max was ten days. Bsby was happy but I was afraid I was carrying around a little time bomb once it went past a week. Definitely a time to keep an extra outfit in the diaper bag just in case...

Ok, thanks all! I knew it could be awhile but it seemed SO long. And you're right, I feel like I have a live time bomb on my hands right now....everywhere I put her, I'm mentally thinking "ok, how would I clean this if I had to....".
    Lizi

It finally happened on Day 7! Thankfully we were home and I saw it happening so made it to get changed before it became a disaster. Thanks for the reassurance!
    Lizi