lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default "large" purse/pocketbook for DD

DD wants a shoulder bag. not a little thing with the small handles - has many of these

she wants like a larger, yet kid-sized bag with straps that will go over her shoulder

ideas for where to look?

we've got lots of little hand bags but she wants "BIGGER!"

thanks
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

How large of a bag does she want? Does she want two straps, or will a single strap be ok? You could do a small or extra small LLbean or Lands' End tote with the long handles. Also try Kohl's.

What about one of these?
    http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/t...uctid=10338354
    http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/p...ductid=1237312

Ebags is a good place to browse, maybe she can show you a few styles she likes and you can look for similar bags locally, if you want to buy at a B&M store.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

thanks!

she's only 3 so too bit would be not feasible

but she's looking for sort of an open top bag - like a mini version of my hobo bag. big for her. would LOVE it to have a single strap.

good idea to look around ebags

thanks!
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lmh2402 View Post
    thanks!

she's only 3 so too bit would be not feasible

but she's looking for sort of an open top bag - like a mini version of my hobo bag. big for her. would LOVE it to have a single strap.

good idea to look around ebags

thanks!
    Oh, Lol! I thought she was 7 or 8.

What about a blank canvas tote from a craft store that she can decorate herself? I have seen really small ones there.

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know!
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Our local grocery store (HEB) gave out these small totes that are bigger than the average kid purse. Its a GREAT size for my 4 year old. (And nicely fits a ipad mini and my spiral notebook inside.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Maybe an old bag of yours that you don't use anymore? My DD's favorite bag was one of mine that I never used much. Or maybe just take her to Target or one of those kid jewelry places in a mall (like Claire's) and let her pick out an inexpensive bag.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'd probably take her somewhere with lots of inexpensive choices like Target or Kohl's and see what she likes.