Default Are Bogs (rain boots) worth the $? Other brands?

I am ISO rain boots in girls size 2-3 Youth. We are supposed to be in for a wet winter. Are Bogs worth the price? Any other brands I should consider? I am willing to pay for something that will last the whole season. We are in SoCal, so no snow, but predictions for a very wet winter.
    DD 06.07
    Letting go of the "DC2 Dream" after failed adoption

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I bought Bogs for DD2 for this winter, but this is the first time so I can't say anything good or bad about them. For rain boots I really love the Crocs Handle It boot. They are so lightweight and easy to rinse off if they get muddy. I just got a pair for DD1 for this fall. They may be warm enough for your DD if you are in so cal...my guess is that DD1 will wear hers until temps get to freezing.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

schums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My kids have had Bogs winter boots for years and they are AWESOME! Love them. They stay dry and warm. We live in Michigan tho, where it gets cold and snowy. We've never had just the rain boots, but I would imagine they are just as waterproof but without the insulation.
    Sarah
    Mom to Alex (2002) and Catherine (2003)

"The challenge of parenting isn't shaping your kids to be what you want, it's shaping yourself to be what your kids need." - Wellyes

Default Are Bogs (rain boots) worth the $? Other brands?

Bogs seem unnecessary in so cal. Costco has knock-off bogs in that size. Actually I wouldn't buy rain boots at all in so cal.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think they're great - but to some they may be "heavy". I have never paid full price for them - in the past i have found them at Amazon warehouse.... even in my size.

almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Bogs have been amazing, and we use them as rain and snow boots in New England - definitely last a season or 2, and longer if DD didn't grow out of them.

But if I was not going to be dealing with cold or snow, I'd probably buy something less substantial. I've never had regular old pretty rainboots wear out in a year or two, so I think you could find something cheaper that would do the trick.
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have been really happy with Kamik boots - Raindrop or the like. They have some that look a bit like Hunter boots - those have been the favorites. They are much lighter than Bogs (though not as warm, but that shouldn't be too big of an issue for you - thick socks should be enough where you are at). They fit best on average to narrow feet - if your kiddo has wide feet, there may be other boots that are better. We could hand them down, if DD's did not have such different tastes in color.

We like Stomp or Raindrop:
    http://www.zappos.com/kamik-rainboots-kids

My Costco currently has croc rainboots for $20. They're only in pink and blue, but they had your daughter's size at my store.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11