Default Apple cake recipes?

Anyone have an easy, yummy apple cake recipe they can share?

We have a ton of apples from apple picking- I've already made an apple crisp and apple sauce.

A friend of mine bought a delicious apple cake from a bakery the other day- very moist, but kind of crunchy on top. I'd like to make something similar for company coming over tomorrow.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by mm123; 10-01-2015 at 08:01 AM.

My family loves this one. I am also fond of an apple cinnamon cake from cooking light. You can just google it and it should bring it up.

APPLE CAKE

3 eggs
    1 ¾ c sugar
    1 c oil
    2 c flour
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp baking soda
    2 tsp cinnamon
    2 c diced apples
    1 c chopped nuts
    confectionary sugar

Grease and flour 9x13 pan. Mix eggs, sugar and oil and then add dry ingredients. Fold in apples and nuts. Bake at 375 for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with confectionary sugar while still warm.

Quote Originally Posted by cilantromapuche View Post
    My family loves this one. I am also fond of an apple cinnamon cake from cooking light. You can just google it and it should bring it up.

APPLE CAKE

3 eggs
    1 ¾ c sugar
    1 c oil
    2 c flour
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp baking soda
    2 tsp cinnamon
    2 c diced apples
    1 c chopped nuts
    confectionary sugar

Grease and flour 9x13 pan. Mix eggs, sugar and oil and then add dry ingredients. Fold in apples and nuts. Bake at 375 for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with confectionary sugar while still warm.

Thanks- that looks really good! I'll have to use it next time. This time, I ended up using this recipe, and it turned out really well: http://www.canadianliving.com/food/b...apple_cake.php
    DD1 '08
    DD2 '10

This is my next apple cake recipe:
    Dorie Greenspan's Apple custard squares! https://food52.com/blog/12190-dorie-..._src_type=post

This is what I call Apple Pie Cake. It's more like a pie than a cake. It's really, really delicious!

Blend in cuisinart until mixed and crumbly:
    1/2 lb butter
    2 cups flour
    1 cup sugar
    1/4 tsp cinnamon

Put a little more than half in a springform pan. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

Peel, core, and slice 3-4lbs apples. Sweeten (if necessary) with sugar and cinnamon to taste. Place on baked crust. Top with remaining crumb mixture. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. You may want to put your springform pan on a baking sheet with sides if it leaks!

If you have leftovers, in the fridge, the crust will stay crisp, because the butter will be hard. On the counter, it will get mushy. Both are delicious!

These are great apple muffins.

1 3/4 cups flour
    2 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
    3/4 tsp salt
    3/4 cup sugar
    1/2 tsp cinnamon

3/4 cup milk
    1 egg
    1/3 cup oil
    1 cup chopped peeled apple

2Tbs sugar & 1/2 tsp cinnamon for sprinkling

Mix dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and mix well. Fill lined muffin pans. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Bake at 400 for 20 min.

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

In our house, "Apple Cake" is a DD favorite and almost a quiche. Basically, I saute 5 sliced apples with some butter and 1/4 cup brown sugar, in a cast iron skillet. While that is happening, I mix 3 eggs, a bit of milk, some cinnamon and one part flax meal and one part whole wheat flour. I pour that mixture over the apples and put the skillet into the oven for about half an hour. It is not particularly sweet but more tangy from the apples and egg-y. I think of it as a healthy weekend brunch item. I can check how much flax/flour and milk I put in when I get home tonight.

that sounds delicious baymom. Can you please post quantities?