Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    What do you buy from them? Do they go on sale? Spending $39 for a pair of jeans is way more than I can spend for DD. It's more than I spend on jeans for me!
    I only buy on mega sale. I don't buy true jeans (as in button up, zipper) because DD won't wear them. We've done the not so skinny knit jeans but they fall off my more or less skinny DD (despite her booty!). I usually buy via phone order from outlets when they have mega markdowns. I pay around $10 for their slim sweat pants, which are amazing, and between $12-20 for not so skinny jeans. Boden is harder to get at such cut-rate prices, but I buy the elastic waist (heart-patch) jeans at 30% off or more, at about $25. I round out with TCP yoga pants which I buy at about $6-10 and free ship.

for Sandy Hook

Same problem here...DD just tried on all pants to see if anything fit for this year! This is what works for us and very similar to citymamas's strategy.
    1. LE yoga pants- LOVE! very forgiving and not too tight on backside. I buy with 30% coupon. 2. HA Not so skinny pants and jeans. I buy from outlet but they can still be pricey. But, I don't see the style we bought on the website..uh-oh..maybe find at consignment/outlet. The style we have has adjustable waist and she has been able to get two years out of the same size. 3. TCP yoga pants- I buy the same size(10) as LE but will all of sudden the TCP will become too tight on the backside so I only buy at prices that citymama said above. They don't last all that long size wise for DD and they are also much thinner material than LE yoga. 4. HA livable leggings- not going to work this fall as DD seems to be in-between sizes right now
    I cannot buy regular jeans with buttons or snap waists...she will not wear at all!

ETA: more uh-oh...just checked the LE website and they have changed/"improved" the fit of the yoga pants...why, why, why???
    Last edited by mickminmom; 10-05-2015 at 08:23 AM. Reason: more info.
    Mom to 2

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mickminmom View Post

ETA: more uh-oh...just checked the LE website and they have changed/"improved" the fit of the yoga pants...why, why, why???
    What's up with LE lately? This summer's girls swimwear was also "improved" -- no more big assortment of swim shorts, and some of the previously modest styles were ... um, less so. And don't get me started on their "improved" website!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KrystalS is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I so understand your frustration! My DD is 11 and shopping for the last year has been awful. We had good luck with Justice in the past, hopefully they work for you. DD has now outgrown all kids stores. I'm so over the crop top and super skinny jean fad! Not everyone is built like a toothpick!
    -Krystal

DD 2/04
    DS 10/5/10

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Hanna Andersson clothing is made with exactly this in mind. Both Hanna and Boden fit generously. Which is a problem for my slender waisted DD, because her Boden pants are always falling off her waist! We have resorted to sweats and yoga pants rather than button/zip up for everyday use. My DD is 9 and all her clothes look age appropriate - I don't shop at Gap or Target for her any more because I can't deal with that look! Another fave for us is a local brand called Peek Kids, only on sale though (they retail at Nordstrom too).

Tea pants are definitely cut more straight and skinny, so probably not a good for for the OPs DD.
    Hanna Andersson's Not So Skinny Pants used to work great for my older DD who's not skinny but HA changed the fit of their pants. Sadly now they're all skinny. This is the first season they changed it and now they no longer works for my older DD. I called the outlet and stocked up on their old style Not So Skinny pants in standard colors like Navy, Gray, Brown & Pink when they were $12. She used to live on hanna pants. And I've tried pants from all over for DD but nothing worked so far. Boden is too slim on her too, if the waist is right then its too long. I am very dissapointed that HA change the pants.

I'm still looking for pants that would fit my not skinny girl.
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

Quote Originally Posted by mickminmom View Post
    DD#1 (who has a chubby belly) has lived in LE yoga pants the past few years; I haven't tried any of the new style for her, but do have one pair for DD#2 (who's not chubby, but also not super-skinny), and they fit her well. They definitely aren't as stretchy in the waist as the old style, so it's possible DD#1 would need plus size yoga pants in her next size.

In addition to the yoga pants, we love LE tops, leggings (which are nice and thick, similar to our "old-style" HA leggings, but with a more relaxed waist), and boot-cut jeans for DD#1
    (all in regular, not plus).
    Last edited by mommytoC; 10-05-2015 at 03:43 PM.
    A, mommytoC (DD#1, born 11/05)...and to K (DD#2, born 4/09)!

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Hanna Andersson clothing is made with exactly this in mind. Both Hanna and Boden fit generously. Which is a problem for my slender waisted DD, because her Boden pants are always falling off her waist! We have resorted to sweats and yoga pants rather than button/zip up for everyday use. My DD is 9 and all her clothes look age appropriate - I don't shop at Gap or Target for her any more because I can't deal with that look! Another fave for us is a local brand called Peek Kids, only on sale though (they retail at Nordstrom too).

Tea pants are definitely cut more straight and skinny, so probably not a good for for the OPs DD.
    I was going to suggest Hanna as well. Their yoga pants or sweats might work well for your DD.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You might want to consider sizing up. Lula has always had hips and a tush. Last year she was in size 7 clothes and we were handed down some Justice skinny stretch jeans in size 10 and they were a perfect fit. How stupid is that? But at least they fit. The Gymboree jeans are too short in the rise, when she sits her unders show! I'm so grateful my neighbor passed along those jeans, those are the only ones Lula will wear now.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Hanna Andersson's Not So Skinny Pants used to work great for my older DD who's not skinny but HA changed the fit of their pants. Sadly now they're all skinny. This is the first season they changed it and now they no longer works for my older DD. I called the outlet and stocked up on their old style Not So Skinny pants in standard colors like Navy, Gray, Brown & Pink when they were $12. She used to live on hanna pants. And I've tried pants from all over for DD but nothing worked so far. Boden is too slim on her too, if the waist is right then its too long. I am very dissapointed that HA change the pants.

I'm still looking for pants that would fit my not skinny girl.
    I just read this post, and wanted to say that because of the "new" HA style pants, we called the outlets, and they had loads of the old style "not so skinny" pants and jeans. I stocked up because DD is average/normal, so skinny styles do not work and she does not like the feel of cloth tight/close around her legs. We don't want bootcut pants, but something with a normal waist! So the old style Hanna "not so skinny" bottoms are best.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My DD is slim but solid - her legs are pretty muscular - and we struggle with finding appropriately fitting pants, too.

At least she'll wear HA "not old enough for a boyfriend jeans" which we found were cut more generously in the (straight) leg. We have an Outlet within a reasonable driving distance, so we managed to get the "not so skinny" jeans that folks are talking about - they're the only pants with the word "skinny" in them that DD can wear!!!

For a backup pair of jeans, I bought her boys' loose fit from OshKosh. But, of course, I can probably get away with this because she's 5.

Things being too slim were one of the reasons my mother sewed a lot of my childhood wardrobe. Too bad that sewing isn't as economical as it used to be!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast