Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    melwe is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

OP here- so after trying multiple places for pants- including Target, Kohls, Justice, Gap, Hanna... The winner was Wal-mart.

I really, really dislike Walmart but they actually had pants, jeans and yoga pants that all fit her pretty well. We did keep a couple of pair from Justice (plus size), but they are all just a little bit big in the waist.

Thanks everyone for all their help!
    Last edited by melwe; 10-31-2015 at 09:54 PM.
    Melanie

DD 12/06
    DS 9/2011

tmahanes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Can I just say the thought of plus size sizing at the age of 9 and 10 is just outrageous and makes me sad for DD.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Tara

DS - B 2/10

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I do plus size for DD. She fits perfectly into gap jeans etc but we discussed a couple of years ago how she was going to wear plus size not because she is a plus size but because we don't appreciate clothes that cling so tightly to the body they show every contour. Sometimes it's hard.....she's also tall so wearing a 12+ when she was 10 was hard on her but she does understand

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh, and yes. Last year I broke down and did walmart. Fleece lined hoodies were $7 there and $40 something on sale at Hanna

While I am comforted that I am not alone about this situation, it really upsets me that the manufacturers are continually making these "skinny" cuts, especially for the younger girls. I get concerned about how this will affect so many girls self esteem and confidence about their bodies at a young age.

I have always been on the thin side, but I am tall with an hourglass figure. Skinny jeans don't flatter my body type and they never will, but at least I am old enough to know that doesn't make me "not skinny" (although honestly, it still hurts). We are conditioning these girls -many of those who have normal, healthy body shapes-into believing they are "not skinny". why can't they name them something else? And offer other options for different body shapes that are fashionable? I secretly wish they would make the women's sizes like the men's sizes (by measurement and not a "size" and even do away with small, medium and large) but that will never happen. It is hard enough to go shopping and find things that flatter our bodies and we feel good in, so why are they pushing this on such young and impressionable kids? Ugh. Rant over!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3