Default Dressing tween DD in HA play dresses?

DD (8) could care less about fashion. She wears the same shoes everyday despite owning 5-6 pairs. One girl even asked her, "Are those the only shoes you own?" She is in 3rd grade and among some kids clothes are really starting to matter. I have tried to get DD interested in fashion because I enjoy it, but she has no interest. Her favorite outfits are (still) size 110 HA play dresses with the buttons. They look ridiculous because she is so tall. With shorts they do not indecent, so I let her wear them, but am really ready for her to not dress like a toddler.

She really likes the dress-with-shorts combos. I have checked MiniBoden and GH, but their dresses look so juvenile to me. Any ideas on where to look for HA style play dresses other than HA and maybe cheaper prices?
    DD 06.07
    Letting go of the "DC2 Dream" after failed adoption

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

My DD is 9 in 4th and really likes the Lands End dresses still. They are comfy. She wears them with leggings or tights, usually.

http://www.landsend.com/shop/girls-d...ries-_-dresses
    Kris

emily is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DD is 7, is into fashion but always comes back to her HA dresses and bike shorts. I do feel like she's "outgrowing" HA tho. I've gotten some dresses at Gap, LE and H&M. It's hard though. So much of girls fashion is age inappropriate, IMO.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My newly 9 year old and my almost 7 year old love comfy cotton dresses. It's sundresses or short sleeve ones in summer with bike shorts or Capri leggings, then they add a cardigan and wear with long leggings in fall and long sleeve dresses for winter. I recently started buying from lands end for DD1 when I can catch a good sale. Their other dresses are from old navy, a few from target and kohls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We transitioned from Hanna Andersson play dresses to Tea Collection dresses. DD usually wore them with HA leggings and black boots... or pink Merrells. Or shorts/capris in the summer.

http://www.teacollection.com/girls-dresses

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Dressing tween DD in HA play dresses?

My DD (9.5)till wears HA play dresses joyfully. Size 140...It's what she picks out when dressing herself, summer and winter. I don't think anyone has made fun of her yet, and if they did, she'd prob still keep doing it. They are comfy and easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk