Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default DDs won't wear jeans...

Are there alternatives that are actually soft? Like, jersey knit soft? I saw some at Costco and though the fabric itself was a knit and was soft, the waistband wasn't stretchy and I could see it being problematic, especially since I'm sure I'd have to cinch it in with the adjustable elastic and then it would be bulky and uncomfortable.

Or knit pants with a thicker fabric and back pockets that that can be worn with a t-shirt?

DDs are very particular and won't tolerate anything that isn't soft and stretchy (think bike shorts, leggings, knit dresses, HA playdress comfy). But they are 7 now and in need of more "big kid" looks and I'm starting to cringe when they choose leggings and a t-shirt to go out in...

They've had maybe 2 pairs of non-knit pants in their lives (pair of jeans that were a gift, and khaki pants for preschool uniform) that they've just flat out refused to wear! I don't blame them though, I was totally like this when I was little.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 10-18-2015 at 01:30 PM.

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I know these are "jeans" but DD was the same way about denim/jeans and she'll wear them.

http://www.shopjustice.com/girls-clo...inalCatId=3814

Target also had some jeggings that she'd wear around that age. They're super soft and looked more like jeans than leggings because of her build.

kep is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Have you tried jeggings? My kids are jean hatters too.
    Kelli
    Mom to 5 amazing kids (5 to 17 years)
    Mom of a cleft lip & palate warrior

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Denzien brand (by either lee or Levi) at Target had some fabulous boy jeans last year. Elastic waist and they feel like knit pants but they look just like jeans. Totally awesome! Check and see if they sell them for girls.

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We did a lot of jeggings from Justice and also ponte knit at that age.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Well, my DD is 9 and doesn't wear jeans. She wears leggings under a dress or skirt most days. She has velour pants for winter. Some yoga style pants. Would she wear a dress or skirt for when she needs to be more dressed up looking?
    Kris

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Arizona brand jeggings from JCP. My DD1 hasn't worn jeans since she was 2. She loves these. They look more like jeans than most jeggings but have the sweatpant style waistband and the rest of the material is super soft and stretchy. She wears them all the time and she's really picky about pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

I think leggings are pretty much par for the course for girls of all ages. My middle schoolers wear leggings and a T shirt (longer ones) almost every single day, as do their friends.
    Green Tea, mom to three

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

My girls like some stretchy sort of knit jeggings at GAP kids although I have to say I am appalled and how quickly they wore out. We also had some stretchy cord jeggings with soft waist and pockets, I am sorry that I cannot remember the brand! Most of our stuff is second hand.

My girls are super into soft comfy clothes and one refused to wear jeans up until the last 6 months. However, I am not ok with straight up leggings and a tshirt. It's also against dress code at our school.

maybe these? http://mobile.kohls.com/product/prd-...-girls-4-7.jsp
    Last edited by Melaine; 10-19-2015 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    My girls like some stretchy sort of knit jeggings at GAP kids although I have to say I am appalled and how quickly they wore out. We also had some stretchy cord jeggings with soft waist and pockets, I am sorry that I cannot remember the brand! Most of our stuff is second hand.

My girls are super into soft comfy clothes and one refused to wear jeans up until the last 6 months. However, I am not ok with straight up leggings and a tshirt. It's also against dress code at our school.

maybe these? http://mobile.kohls.com/product/prd-...-girls-4-7.jsp
    Other than the pockets, aren't those leggings? I'm just wondering if I am envisioning "leggings and a t shirt" differently than other moms here.
    Green Tea, mom to three

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast