Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Tea View Post
    Other than the pockets, aren't those leggings? I'm just wondering if I am envisioning "leggings and a t shirt" differently than other moms here.
    In our elementary, I see girls with leggings and a t-shirt. The t-shirt hits about the waist or hips. I'm not a fan of this and DD doesn't wear it. It would be against middle school dress code, too. In middle school, they can wear leggings with a shirt, so long as the shirt goes to finger tip length, so half way down the thighs.
    Kris

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD is younger but j crew factory has some nice soft pants - we like the Gigi. They always have sales and coupons so
    Not too bad

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Tea View Post
    Other than the pockets, aren't those leggings? I'm just wondering if I am envisioning "leggings and a t shirt" differently than other moms here.
    yeah, I get what you are saying. I still put them in long shirts or tunics with these. For me it is mostly about how their bootie looks in the pants on whether or not I let them wear it with a shirt. Most of the time I see girls wearing skin tight leggings and you can Always see the VPL. The jeggings we have found tend to be a thicker knit and along with true pockets read a lot more like pants and don't show VPL. YMMV and of course this is mostly preference for me.

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

A couple of my friends have gotten stretchy jeans for their DDs at Costco. They look like jeans but are a soft, stretchy fabric. The girls wanted a more grown up look but without giving up the comfort of leggings.
    DS age 9

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Momit View Post
    A couple of my friends have gotten stretchy jeans for their DDs at Costco. They look like jeans but are a soft, stretchy fabric. The girls wanted a more grown up look but without giving up the comfort of leggings.
    So we were just at Costco yesterday and ended up buying a couple (Vigoss brand). They also had Levis in a soft stretchy knit but they looked too much like regular jeans and DDs said no to them and I couldn't convince them even after letting them touch the fabric.

Anyway DD1 wore her Vigoss "jeans" to school today (the light acid wash with the grey ribbed waistband - too bad the drawstring is fake because the waist was just a big too big). DD2 planned to wear hers but woke up on the wrong side of the bed and claimed they weren't stretchy enough after all:/ For those who are looking, these particular pants had great horizontal stretch but almost zero vertical stretch so fell short of a true knit in that regard. We also got another style that is a ponte-like knit that I think DD2 will like better. They also have the adjustable waistband (and real pockets!) which is totally needed. These pants look like printed denim (florals).

Grandma is also buying a few pairs of the HA velour skinny pants. They don't have pockets on the back, I don't think (HATE that HA and MB tend to not have pics of the BACKS of their clothing, especially pants!). But they will definitely be soft and stretchy and more presentable with a t-shirt than leggings.

I will check out some of these other brands mentioned too!!
    Last edited by twowhat?; 10-21-2015 at 02:54 PM.

My DD (8) would only wear american apparel leggings last winter. This year I had luck convincing her to try the Justice jeggings with knit waistband.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post

Grandma is also buying a few pairs of the HA velour skinny pants. They don't have pockets on the back, I don't think (HATE that HA and MB tend to not have pics of the BACKS of their clothing, especially pants!). But they will definitely be soft and stretchy and more presentable with a t-shirt than leggings.

I hope you'll do well with the HA pants - we have two pair of their "not so skinny" jeans in their stretchy jersey fabric. They do have the jeans styling, but the fabric is a nice weight with a lot of stretch.

The sole drawback is the waist - my DD is growing into 120's in most HA and I do have to cinch the waistband quite a bit to get them to stay up. (And she's a solid little kid.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    I hope you'll do well with the HA pants - we have two pair of their "not so skinny" jeans in their stretchy jersey fabric. They do have the jeans styling, but the fabric is a nice weight with a lot of stretch.

The sole drawback is the waist - my DD is growing into 120's in most HA and I do have to cinch the waistband quite a bit to get them to stay up. (And she's a solid little kid.)
    I had the same concern about the waist on those when I looked at them IRL in a HA store. Those pants would be perfect if the waist wasn't so huge! And I think I remember that the waist is adjustable but it would make for one seriously bunched up waist to get it down small enough for my kids! We're also growing into 120s (height-wise) for HA but my kids are skinny so pants are always a challenge. Leggings are easy because you can generally just buy down a size for the skinny-waisted but not so on pants!

Small update - the HA skinny velour pants (in SOLID colors, NOT the metallic stripes) are awesome! No back pockets but they fit like a loose, slim pant. They will totally work with a t-shirt and the shirt doesn't need to be long enough to cover the butt. They are very soft and stretchy and the girls will totally wear them.

Don't get the striped ones though - it's a metallic thread that is ITCHY on the inside and gets worse after washing (despite following washing directions).

I like them so much that I went and bought several other pants (slim sweats, microfleece slim pants). Love that they are "slim pants" but fit loosely.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 10-29-2015 at 10:19 AM.

Pinky is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    Arizona brand jeggings from JCP. My DD1 hasn't worn jeans since she was 2. She loves these. They look more like jeans than most jeggings but have the sweatpant style waistband and the rest of the material is super soft and stretchy. She wears them all the time and she's really picky about pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you have a link to these jeggings? I can't seem to find them but they sound like just what we need.
    DD Spring 2010

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast