Default Twin sized loft bed?

Hi, all. We need to get ds (age 10) a lofted twin bed for his small room. He's currently in the IKEA Kura, but he's pushing the weight limit.

We could do bunk beds, but I think a loft would be more versatile given the small room. Fit wise, it can't be longer than the actual bed, ie, no stairs or drawers on the side.

Other than IKEA, has anyone got a brand and/or model to recommend? We don't want to spend a fortune but need something he can use for a good chunk of time. I've been looking on Craigslist and not seeing anything I like.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We purchased one like this for DS7 (around 65lbs) in a navy blue. we bought ours new from a local shop, but I see them on craigslist fairly regularly. The desk on the side is fairly small, so I don't know how long it would be useful for a ten year old.

http://www.amazon.com/Acme-10970A-Wi.../dp/B008347D5A

I actually have no idea how much weight it can hold, but I would say atleast 300lbs, as I lay in it regularly with DS at night.
    It is about 1.5years old now, and holding up well. The front piece gets wobbly and needs regular tightening, but very easy to do. I think it gets loose because DS grabs and puts his full weight on it when getting into and out of bed.
    mom to Billy 12/07

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We have one from Costco that is amazing. It has a gold out futon and a desk under the bed. The futon folds up into a little one-two person couch chair thing. It's. It on the Costco website but they have it every January when they have furniture in the store. No stairs. It's a ladder. We love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

Thanks for these!

I was looking online at the Costco beds, particularly this one:
    http://www.costco.com/Radia-Twin-Stu....11033563.html

I'm not actually a Costco member but have been thinking about joining. What do I need to know about their furniture? Is it pretty bombproof? Is there a good time of year to buy?

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

This is the costco bed that my DS1 has. http://costcocouple.com/universal-fu...twin-bunk-bed/

It's very sturdy. I climb up with him and read at night every night. The only problem is that if you order in the store (this one is only available in their furniture event in January, and is not on their website), they don't deliver. So it was a PITA to get it home and we had to use my sister's minivan and our large SUV to fit all the boxes.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by nabigus View Post
    Thanks for these!

I was looking online at the Costco beds, particularly this one:
    http://www.costco.com/Radia-Twin-Stu....11033563.html

I'm not actually a Costco member but have been thinking about joining. What do I need to know about their furniture? Is it pretty bombproof? Is there a good time of year to buy?
    DD has a costco bed -- we purchased online 8 years ago. Our bed was made by Cafe Kids. It is solid wood with white paint and has held up wonderfully. I saw it at the store during the January showcase event, but didn't decide to purchase it until the spring. I ordered online -- the price was about $100 more than what it was when it was sold in the store, but included free delivery. If we had decided we didn't like it, we would have been able to return it to the store for a full refund -- including delivery charge. The return policy made me very comfortable to purchase online -- I could have assembled the bed and decided I didn't like it and return it to the store for a full refund.