Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Washable cotton comforter (not duvet cover)?

I've almost had it with trying to make the top bunk bed! Of course my kids would love the grippy jersey/flannel sheets that make it even harder to make the bed. The flat sheet always ends up in a ball at the foot of the bed, and working against its superglue-like properties is a thankless battle.

I love the idea of a bunk bed or loft to save on space, so I want to make this work without losing my mind.

I bought cotton comforters last year, but then read that once you wash them (this particular brand -- Hilfiger), they are ruined because the filling bunches up into one area and can't be spread out. I haven't even tried to wash them. I had a cotton comforter from college until I was married (10+ years) that I washed all the time and it always looked great. I never used a flat sheet when I had that comforter. My sister now has had it for 15 years, and it's still going strong!

I'd LOVE to find something with that kind of durability so that I can finally ditch the bunk bed trauma! It just needs to be cotton or mostly cotton. We can't handle the feel of synthetics for bedding.

Duvet covers are a whole other level of trauma for me, so those are not an option.

ETA: I don't care much about fading... I'll take fading over bunching issues.
    Last edited by pastrygirl; 10-19-2015 at 01:02 PM.