Default Costco GE Prelit Christmas Tree... Any reviews?

Does anyone have a GE prelit Christmas tree from Costco? They are in stock now in store and I'd like to grab one sooner rather than later considering how things disappear from Costco once sold out. Did a little research and the only feature these models seem to be missing is the "constant light" type feature where if a bulb blows, the strand stays lit. They instead are offering a bunch of replacement bulbs. I'm most excited about not having to detangle lights and wrap the tree in lights and get it distributed evenly! Plus the actual tree assembly has no color coded matching for branches, also a huge time saver.

So if you have one, do you love it? Wouldn't reccomend? If so, why? Please share! Thanks.
    DS 2014

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We have a GE prelim from lowes. It's great. So easy, pretty, came from a BF special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have a Kirkland pre lit from a few years ago. Easy and like it a lot. Not sure about the lights, as we haven't had any issues with any yet (knock on wood).
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

We got it last year and loved it, the kids liked that they could go from colored lights to white. It was easy to assemble and take down and it saved me two plus hours stringing and unstringing lights and no pine needles on my floor!

jenstring95 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We had a GE prelit tree from Lowes. It worked for 3ish years and then the strands started burning out. First it was the smallest section at the top so DH restrung that section right over the burned out lights. The next year more (bigger) sections burned out and he finally stripped all the lights off (which is very time consuming because they are WRAPPED on there like you wouldn't believe - in tree branch type strands, not linear ones). Now we use the same tree but have gone back to putting lights on it each year. While it worked it was beautiful - the most lights I have ever seen on a prelit tree. Just be aware that you may only get a few years out of it, but hopefully you won't have the problems we did!

etwahl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We bought a tree from Costco last Christmas and promptly returned it. It was very wobbly, and when we went into the store, we realized even the store model was wobble (it was wobbly at the points where it was put together). So although it looked pretty, it didn't feel sturdy at all. We then bought an LED one from Lowes for a great price, and we loved it. Very similar to the Costco tree really, but it was totally stable!

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My grandma has a few of the GE trees they sold at Costco and she has been happy with them. She has had them about 7 or 8 yrs. and has been happy with them.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)