Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    schrocat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My experience with the Squall and the Stormer is that the Stormer is thinner and lighter. I'd go with the Squall for the 30 days but that's just me. I like the Stormer for the 50s. Looks like I'm more conservative than the Lands End website. It says that the Stormer is fine for temperature in the 30s.

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Just reading through the thread and we also like the Lands end squall.....

My requirements are that the hood HAS to be both INSULATED AND ATTACHED.... nothing that snaps on. AND it has to be a ONE PIECE coat - nothing with a zip out or snap out lining - since those tend to bunch up and my kids don't deal well with them when trying to straighten out sleeves.

Mine also love the built in hand warmers of the lands end coats.

boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey0709 View Post
    Just reading through the thread and we also like the Lands end squall.....

My requirements are that the hood HAS to be both INSULATED AND ATTACHED.... nothing that snaps on. AND it has to be a ONE PIECE coat - nothing with a zip out or snap out lining - since those tend to bunch up and my kids don't deal well with them when trying to straighten out sleeves.

Mine also love the built in hand warmers of the lands end coats.
    We live in MI and usually buy the LE Squall Parka. DS, who is never cold, has worn one for three years, and I just bought a new squall patka, and he just told me this morning, " this coat doesn't work? It doesn't keep me warm." Has anyone else's kids complained of that this year? Wondering if they changed something?
    Last edited by boltfam; 11-20-2015 at 09:37 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2