Default Does anyone have Crayola Crayon Maker?

Reviews? It has about 3.5 stars on Amazon. Does it actually melt wax and create new crayons? Is it easy to use?

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

We have it. It works well. It just takes a while and is a bit boring.
    Kris

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    We have it. It works well. It just takes a while and is a bit boring.
    my kids used it once for a few hours and haven't wanted to use it since.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

No, but DS2 (6 yrs old) has the Crayola marker maker and I'm pretty sure it gets much better reviews than the crayon maker. Our entire family, even DS1 who is 12, had fun making our own custom markers! They're full size and you get to put your own labels on them.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

We have it,, but DD1 only played with it once and it has been sitting in the closet for 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    No, but DS2 (6 yrs old) has the Crayola marker maker and I'm pretty sure it gets much better reviews than the crayon maker. Our entire family, even DS1 who is 12, had fun making our own custom markers! They're full size and you get to put your own labels on them.
    Thanks. I have the Marker Maker saved for Christmas. I got it on sale when I saw the reviews were better than the crayon maker. I am considering the crayon maker now because DS has been interested in watching the melting wax from candles and asking if he can make crayons from that wax.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have it and it was a waste of money. It takes forever to make crayons because the lid locks and you have to wait for the little pan to heat up, manually tip the tray into the mold and then wait for the device to cool and let the device unlock. I haven't timed it but would guess at least 10 minutes for each crayon mold. They have a new toy called a crayon carver and now the kids want that instead, sigh.