Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    rin is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We're not big seafood eaters; we have salmon maybe twice a month or so, and maybe some other sort of seafood (scallops/shrimp) a few times a year. We occasionally do fish tacos with whatever white fish looks reasonable (usually tilapia but sometimes halibut or cod): I pan-fry it coated in taco seasoning and serve it with tortillas and bowls of shredded cabbage, avocado slices, salsa, tartar sauce, cheese, etc.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I like salmon, but neither DD nor DH do, so I don't buy it. (I wait to visit my mother who makes it for me. Or I buy it canned & mix it up like tuna salad.)

When we have fish, we usually get mahi mahi (frozen) and make it into Baja-inspired tacos. I've found that Trader Joe's seems to have comparable pricing to Wegmans, but because I can get a smaller package (i.e. - only what I need) at TJ's, I buy it there.

We also do TJs fish fingers, which are either cod or halibut, I don't remember which.

Other mild-tasting fish you might want to look into are flounder, cod, and halibut. Of those, I think you'll likely find the best pricing on cod and flounder. (I'm not fond of flounder myself, so I haven't looked in ages.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

We eat seafood twice a week. Usually it's frozen fish from Costco. We like haddock, cod, and rainbow trout. Sometimes I buy the big packages of frozen smoked salmon at Costco, or the smoked trout in a can (packaged like sardines) from Trader Joe's. When the weather's not too cold or snowy we love making fish on the grill, either by itself or grilled in a packet of foil with vegetables. Otherwise, we love fish tacos or just plain pan-fried white fish dipped into a little flour before cooking.

Liziz is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thanks all! This gives me some good ideas!
    Lizi

1-2 times a week. My dad works for a wholesale seafood co, so I have him get it for me. Last week we had cod. Before that swordfish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2