div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Cotton pajamas for DS who has outgrown TCP PJs

DS (10) has outgrown our favorite Children's Place cotton PJ's (long sleeve/long pants). He's at least a size 14, possibly 16, but very thin. Where can I get reasonably priced cotton pajama sets for this size?

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'll be following this thread. At 11, my DS just wears "sports" type elastic waisted shorts to sleep in the summer and sweat pants to sleep in the winter. On top, just a regular tee-shirt. He tends to overheat and gets sweaty overnight (even if his actual room isn't particularly warm and he's kicked off the covers) so I'm curious to learn about cotton PJ bottoms. There is currently a 2-pack of thin fleece PJ bottoms at Costco that I might pick up. I think the fleece will breathe better than sweat pants. Neither of my kids have worn actual PJ sets since they were 7 or 8.

div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by baymom View Post
    I'll be following this thread. At 11, my DS just wears "sports" type elastic waisted shorts to sleep in the summer and sweat pants to sleep in the winter. On top, just a regular tee-shirt. He tends to overheat and gets sweaty overnight (even if his actual room isn't particularly warm and he's kicked off the covers) so I'm curious to learn about cotton PJ bottoms. There is currently a 2-pack of thin fleece PJ bottoms at Costco that I might pick up. I think the fleece will breathe better than sweat pants. Neither of my kids have worn actual PJ sets since they were 7 or 8.
    Ha! We live in parallel households! DS wears his sports type clothes, too, but during cold weather, the cotton PJ's are so great, as he also gets very sweaty at night--always has! So we buy a lot of sets as each one gets washed after 1 use.

Lands' End
    http://www.landsend.com/shop/boys-sl...es-_-sleepwear

I normally waited for good sales.

Pakin

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

DS1 is 10 and in Hanna Andersson LJs and loves them (still). he is 59.5 inches and 84 lbs (very tall and on the thinner side)
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ds is 9 and still has some Hanna LJs. He will also wear sleep pants (Gap, LE) and any old tshirt. The short sleeves keep him cool enough even if the bottoms are flannel.