Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default New forum! Check in!

Well we asked and they delivered!

So how about a quick check in?

I'm Karen from MA
    Joined BBB when pregnant with DS1 who is now 12 (7th grade)
    Ds2 is 10 (5th grade)

Besides the usual stuff, we are currently dealing with bed wetting with DS1 as well as executive functioning issues (likely ADD) Nothing with DS2 except having a sibling with issues lol.
    Karen
    -----------
    Mom to 2 hockey-playing, Lego-loving boys DS1 2003 & DS2 2005

jren is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm Jill from NC. DD is almost 12 (6th grade) with a younger brother in 1st grade. Dealing with her outright defiant attitude and trying to control my temper when she looks me right in the eye and backtalks me!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Hey, this is great! I didn't know that there was going to be a tween/teen board! I've been around for a while, changed usernames at one point, since I forgot what my original username was. My oldest is in 6th grade (middle school). Our biggest issue right now is that he is still disorganized about homework and assignments, and I feel like I have been working on this forever with him and he STILL.DOES.NOT.GET.IT! He is a good student, but due to disorganization, he forgets to bring home homework or turn in assignments and it has affected his grades due to him being careless or forgetful. Yes, the school has given them assignment calendars/planners since 3rd grade to use and he has always been rotten at utilizing it. The answer I get is always, "I forgot to write down the assignment." UGH. Otherwise, he has been more rude than usual since starting middle school... I think he has picked up that tween sass.

I guess that I forgot that 10 yr olds fall under this category too! DS2 is 10, but so far there haven't been any tween type of issues.
    Last edited by hellokitty; 10-30-2015 at 10:15 PM.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hi all, I'm in semi-denial about this, but DD1 reminds me on a near-daily basis that she's almost a tween ( she turns 10 in December). My biggest challenge with her is trying to get her out of her own head. She seems to have regressed this school year, with both of her teachers mentioning that she appears not to be listening to them at all.

bigsis is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hey mamas! I have a 12yo DD and a 10yo DS. We have a lot to talk about!!!
    Lea

Mom to:
    DD 8/2003
    DS 11/2005

This is very exciting. I hope it takes off because it's a little crazy that I'm still on a "baby" board. I have a 19 yo in her sophomore year of college, a 16 yo who is a junior in high school, and my tween who just turned 10 and is in 5th grade. I guess right now my focus is on my 16 yo who is in the middle of driving lessons and is gearing up for SAT prep soon as she'll probably take it in the spring. She has ADHD and anxiety so there have been challenges. We are also starting to look at colleges for her. She will be going for Art and will need to develop a stellar portfolio. Looking forward to hearing what's going on for others!
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My DD2 will soon be 13 and DS2 is 10.5 so we are in the thick of it. I have 2 that have already passed this stage too. It's so much fun!! .......

DD is 9.5, so I guess she is a tween. She's much easier than my two boys (6 and 2). My biggest concern is puberty.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Yay! I'm happy to see this forum as well.

I think I first found this forum when my oldest was a baby/toddler...can't really remember, but I know I've been around (mostly lurking) a long time!

I live in the northwest, and have DS1 who's just turned 15 (and got his learner's permit *today* - somebody hold me! Seriously...why do they not pass out Xanax samples to the parents at the same time? Drug marketers, take note!), DD who's 10 and DS2 who's 6.

So excited about this part of the boards!

I'm Mimi, with a 11yo quickly approaching 12... But she's sure she's in her teens already We also have 2 adult DDs @ 23yo and 24yo.

We're definitely in a challenging phase right now... lots of legalistic language to try to avoid trouble, pushing limits, etc., but I know it's all normal. Just really flipping annoying!

She's got her own set of challenges with ADHD, adoption issues (namely the loss of the relationship with her birth mother and accepting the effects of biological mom's drug use in pregnancy)... Oh, and dealing with a house of younger boys at our house, by way of our best friends living with us. She's getting through it, but I have no doubt a fair amount of her behavior is because of that! It's tough to sit back and deal with a bunch of little ones getting attention and not at least try to get some attention too.... Doesn't make it easier though, even knowing that!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast