Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm so excited by this forum! I try not to post personal info, but suffice it to say I've been on the board since my tween DD was in the womb. She is an only and we're navigating all that teen stuff. I have the BBB to thank for everything that has helped me navigate parenting.

For those that remember the dark ages when someone asked me why I have the username of a grandmother, I blame pregnancy brain in a desperate moment to post when every name I could think of was taken. I work too much and commute too far, so read often but post rarely. Just know that i appreciate all the wisdom you all have shared over the years and am looking forward to more with this new phase.

The skin care thread has been enlightening for me! so far DD's face has been mostly clear, but my hormones give me nasty cystic pimples that put me back on the pill (among other reasons). Ridiculous! I'm going to try some of the things recommended.

On that note, I've seen a request on here about driving. Off to start a thread...

Thanks!

Hi everyone! I have been on this site on and off since pregnant with my oldest in 2002. I don't post much but I really value and appreciate all the wisdom and info on this board - it has helped me lots over the years. I look forward to the teen section since I now officially have a teen and a soon to be 12 year old! We had our 2 dds 13 months apart - so will have 2 teens for a long while!

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Started when pregnant with my first, who will be 13 in a few months!! So a 7th grade boy and a 4th grade girl.

Interesting thought, this forum. I don't hang out much on the boards now, but when I do I definitely get a feeling of, "Was a I really that worried about all of this?" when I read half the posts in the lounge. But it comes from a good place, I would be very reluctant to tell a mom of younger kids, "Oh don't worry about that" or "Enjoy this time" stupid stuff like that. Seems mean.

Besides I LOVE my kids older. I don't miss the younger years.

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

So happy to have the new forum! We have DD1, who is 13 and in 7th (and having a hard time with starting middle school), and DD2, who is 8.5 and in 3rd (who makes up for her sister's lack of teen snark with a double dose of her own. Sigh.)

Ah, the fond days of lore when DD1 was in a Fisher Price Stay in View......and the only hormones I had to worry about were my own!
    Last edited by robinsmommy; 11-02-2015 at 01:00 PM. Reason: insufficient caffeine spelling error

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by robinsmommy View Post

Ah, the fond days of lore when DD1 was in a Fisher Price Stay in View......and the only hormones I had to worry about were my own!
    Haha, I had a FP Stay in View too! LOVED that carseat!!!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I love seeing all the lurkers come out of hiding LOL! This is great!! So glad there's a place for all the long-timers who've outgrown the baby gear threads.

I'll be a lurker here. My oldest is 8, but because of team sports she has some 9 and 10yr old friends. I've recently purchased the Care and Keeping of You (thank you BBB for the rec) and am noticing that the hair on her legs is getting darker. It'll be nice to have the wisdom of you all to pave the way for me!
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm also happy to see this forum! DS1 is 11 and in 6th grade (and DS2 is 6 and in 1st).

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

NCGrandma is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default New forum! Check in!

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Haha, I had a FP Stay in View too! LOVED that carseat!!!
    Speaking of vintage car seats ... when now-tween-ish DGD1 outgrew her Britax convertible, I ordered a Regent. Remember those? DIL thought I had sent them a Laz-E-Boy by mistake!! Huge!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NCGrandma; 11-02-2015 at 06:40 PM.

I still mourn the loss of our Regent! It was huge but we loved it. DS, now 14, still says it was his most comfortable seat ever. DD, 8, never got to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Susan

Thatcher Bennett 9/01
    Ava Grace 9/07

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We had a Regent too for DS1 and he also loved it and it's super soft fabric! DS2 never got to use it as it expired before he was old enough.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast