Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

This is great! Thanks to those who suggested it. I always feel guilty posting questions about my older kids on a "baby" board - plus I don't want to scare the parents of little ones.

DD1 is 12 and in 7th grade. This is her first year in middle school, and it is p.a.i.n.f.u.l. Pre-algebra may push us all over the edge. We are also struggling with defiant behavior.

DD2 is 10 and in 4th grade. School is going well, but the mood swings at home - oy!

So between the two of them, I'm often reminded of the nursery rhyme: "When she was good, she was very good, but when she was bad...."
    Missy
    Mom to DD1 '03 and DD2 '05

Quote Originally Posted by missym View Post
    So between the two of them, I'm often reminded of the nursery rhyme: "When she was good, she was very good, but when she was bad...."
    I've thought of that saying many times with my boys lol! Seriously - kids can be so enjoyable sometimes, but completely hellish at others!
    Karen
    -----------
    Mom to 2 hockey-playing, Lego-loving boys DS1 2003 & DS2 2005

lfp2n is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yay so much going on to talk about. DD is 12 and in 7th Grade.
    Lucy DD3/03

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I am Annie. I joined the Bbb the day I went to do my baby shower registry. I wasn't active much until I was pregnant with baby 2 in 2009.

My Dd1 is 9.5 and is counting down the day until she can get her ears pierced on her 10th birthday in April. Just the other day she asked me turn around when she was changing in to here swimsuit at swim practice while we were in the family bathroom, which she insisted I go in with her.

My younger Dd2 is 5.5 and in kindergarten.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 11-05-2015 at 06:04 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Hi. Just saw this forum the other day, and I'm excited! I'm a BBB member from way back--from late fall of 2000! My older son, Jack, is 14, and in 9th grade. He's a good kid (on paper--couldn't be better: strong academics, talented at soccer and music) but he is starting to give me a run for my money. Okay, well, he always has in some ways (strong personality!). Now add some teen mopey behavior and an addiction to Minecraft, and it's been interesting.

My younger son, Joshua, will be turning 12 this month. He started middle school this fall (6th grade) and has adapted well to all of the big changes. In our district, going from elementary to middle is a much more dramatic shift than from middle to high school. Joshua is my "mama's boy." He's still a little lovey --very affectionate and sweet. He is starting to demonstrate some more "tween-y" behavior, but it somehow feels easier to deal with the 2nd time around--or maybe it's his sweetness that tempers it. He's also doing well in school and is busy with two instruments, soccer, and Hebrew (Bar Mitzvah is in a little over a year). He's not as organized as his brother is, so there is usually a lost paper or book to deal with at least a few times/week. But it's not as bad as I imagined.

I am looking forward to sharing stories and soliciting and sharing advice here in this forum. I think it will prove especially helpful to me, as I am a single parent these days (going through an amicable divorce) and am the sole caregiver for my guys 5 out of 7 days/week. The hardest part is not having an extra driver most days and not having "back-up" for discipline/rueles right on site. Thus, I feel like I've ben a little too lax with screen time (despite how much I hate it), and now my kids have developed some bad habits.
    Last edited by lmintzer; 11-06-2015 at 12:21 PM.
    Lisa
    Mama to Jack (4/20/01)
    and Joshua (11/16/03)

My oldest just turned 10 and is in 4th grade. So glad to have this forum as puberty snuck up on us and I don't feel ready!
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

Mamma2004 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

A little late to the party, as I just discovered this thread. DS is 11 and in 6th grade (1st year of middle school), and I have been here since I was pregnant with him! A friend gave me the BBB book, and the rest is history.

I found so much helpful and reassuring support when DS was little. The last few years, I haven't been here daily like before, but this board sounds like a great place to connect!
    Stephanie

Mamma to James

lovin2shop is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yay, I've always been semi-paranoid that the all longtimers here would give up on this "baby" board! Been here since I was pregnant with my now 13 year old boy. And I have a nearly tween 8 year old boy that spends way too much time with his older brother's friends!

Hi! I haven't really been around here for awhile, but I was active on the board when my kids were younger. I have a DS who is 13 and in 7th grade and a DD who is 8 and in 3rd grade.
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by August Mom View Post
    Hi! I haven't really been around here for awhile, but I was active on the board when my kids were younger. I have a DS who is 13 and in 7th grade and a DD who is 8 and in 3rd grade.
    Good to see you here!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7