mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Costco Girls Jackets

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the outerwear at Costco. Specifically, I'm wondering if the weatherproof girls long jackets there are warm enough for a northeastern winter. DD has a mile to walk home from school every day so something warm is needed but I'd rather not spend $100 on an expensive landsend jacket
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I bought one of the Costco coats for DS1 last year. The logo started coming off the arm but otherwise it did fine. I tried to replace it this year but he wants to keep using it. We're in the Northeast. I can update later with the brand.

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I bought dd a weatherproof jacket from Costco this year....I am a little leary that it will be warm enough. We live in a very cold climate too!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

We have the free country brand (for boys but I assume they have the same for girls) and they have been fine. They feel a little light but when it's really cold we just put a hoodie Or fleece underneath, and have had no complaints. Also, the first one we bought is going on its third winter and was just passed down so we bought another for our eldest.

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have the Weatherproof brand (the one for younger kids that comes in a set with a bib) and the Free Country brand for boys. Both have been plenty warm for skiing in Vermont in below 0 temps.

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ok great maybe we'll buy and hold and see if a down jacket goes on sale somewhere else. It's such a great price!