bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default 13th birthday gifts (daughter)

So, I have had one 13 yr old DD but she is 26 now and times have changed. What are some great ideas for a girl? She is into typical female things, is an excellent student, and plays sports. Right now I bought her a Kendra Scott petite necklace and am thinking of some natural mineral makeup. She doesn't really wear makeup but likes to use a dusting of my mineral foundation to cover a tiny blemished area. Thanks!

I think the necklace is great! Things that come to mind:
    mani/pedi gift certificate
    purse
    GCs to stores at mall, iTunes
    experience: concert, show
    boots/uggs
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

I agree with pink's suggestions. Alex and Ani bracelets are very popular here as are those bracelets with 2 water beads (not sure their name but they supposedly have glacier water and water from the Dead Sea in them). Maybe Sephora gift card?
    Karen
    -----------
    Mom to 2 hockey-playing, Lego-loving boys DS1 2003 & DS2 2005

Something for her room - bean bag chair, poster
    GCs are always good, although my son (15) just hoards them and doesn't actually use them
    Purse/wallet
    Tickets to something or homemade coupon for date night for the 2 of you - restaurant/tea, shopping, museum, whatever you like to do together
    Nice water bottle or bag to carry sports stuff in
    Art stuff if she's into that - maybe one of those cool coloring books so popular for adults right now
    Books in general are always a great option

My dd just had her 13th bday party. Our gift was a sterling ring from Tiffany's - but she ended up returning it for a 5 pack of rings from Icing! Guess she isn't ready for quality over quantity yet! From friends she got a bunch of Amazon and bookstore gift cards, Alex Ani bracelet, Lokai bracelet, fancy yarn, knitting needles and scarf/hat pattern, loom craft kits to make own jewelry, ivivva/lulu lemon clothes..

Oh I just thought of something else. This is the age that many girls start asking for a DSLR camera and get into photography. So that's another option if she seems interested.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

My almost 13 yr old loves her Polaroid camera (instax?). She also has a GoPro that is fun.
    Or maybe a hair curling device or straightener?
    SAHM to:

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Meatball Mommie View Post
    I agree with pink's suggestions. Alex and Ani bracelets are very popular here as are those bracelets with 2 water beads (not sure their name but they supposedly have glacier water and water from the Dead Sea in them). Maybe Sephora gift card?
    Those bracelets are called Lokai and are available at The Paper Store! DD1 asked for her upcoming 12th bday.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Ugg Slippers
    Yogibo Pillow
    Pandora Bracelet
    Chi Iron

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thank you for these suggestions! I forgot that she did ask for one of those water bracelets. This summer she was very interested in my camera and trying out different settings for scenes.