Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default best blemish regime?

Poor DD has a forehead covered with blemishes of all types. They extend to other areas as well, but that's the worst area. We won't considered any prescription meds until it bothers her. Currently she uses sea breeze, benzoyl peroxide and CeraVe foaming facial cleanser... but probably not as often as she should!

Any alternate suggestions would be much appreciated!

We've started having DD use Cetaphil daily. I'd like her to do it twice a day, but once is better than nothing!

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My routine, which I wish that I had when I was a teen, is Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser and Stridex alcohol-free (red box), and for spot treatment, these hydrocolloid sticky dots (better known as acne absorbing covers), which are truly magic.

My DD's skin just tends towards dryness at the moment, and she uses a bit of the Cerave moisturizer in the tub (not the pump bottle).

If you google the Skincare Addiction reddit, they have some really good info on skincar, products, and science.
    Last edited by Neatfreak; 11-01-2015 at 12:33 AM.
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

This may be off topic, how to get DS to wash his face. He won't do it unless I stand there over him, and I don't have time for that.

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DS's pimples aren't too bad yet so the Clearasil Hydroblast pads used daily seem to be keeping it under control. They contain salicylic acid, so that might be something you look to add or switch to for prevention.

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    This may be off topic, how to get DS to wash his face. He won't do it unless I stand there over him, and I don't have time for that.
    Yea, I've given up on that battle, as DS hates to get water on his face. For nights he doesn't take a shower, I am making him use a Simple Cleansing Facial wipe all over his face an neck. I leave them on his bathroom sink (along with the Clearasil pads) so he remembers. I figure it is better than nothing.

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Neatfreak View Post
    My routine, which I wish that I had when I was a teen, is Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser and Stridex alcohol-free (red box), and for spot treatment, these hydrocolloid sticky dots (better known as acne absorbing covers), which are truly magic.
    Wow, those acne absorbing covers look awesome. Are they anything like the hydrocolloid band-aids when you take them off? Because DS hates those types of band-aids. I might buy a box for me and DH regardless!

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Yeah, they're the same, but cut into circles. My face thinks that I'm still fourteen years old, for better or worse. I've never used hydrocolliod band-aids on other parts of my body, though, so I can't speak about whether it's the same experience wearing them and removing them. They're pretty tiny, though!
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

athompson is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Why not take her in and get a prescription for a topical cream?

Quote Originally Posted by urquie View Post
    Poor DD has a forehead covered with blemishes of all types. They extend to other areas as well, but that's the worst area. We won't considered any prescription meds until it bothers her. Currently she uses sea breeze, benzoyl peroxide and CeraVe foaming facial cleanser... but probably not as often as she should!

Any alternate suggestions would be much appreciated!

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD just started getting some whiteheads and the occasional pimple in the heat of this past summer. She washes her face in the shower with Cetaphil cleanser in the evening, and uses a Burts Bees grapefruit wipe in the morning before school.

She also uses this Elf blemish roller ball stick, which I have been pleasantly surprised to find works well. It's great for her because it's so easy to use. It's part of her bedtime and morning routine now, and isn't harsh on her skin. I love that it costs $2, and contains only salicylic acid, witch hazel, tea tree oil and camphor.

http://m.target.com/p/e-l-f-acne-fig...r/-/A-16601991
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

At age 11 DD broke out in an insane amount of pimples, like over 50 on her forehead, cheeks, chin. It was terrible, coincided with getting her period. Went straight to the dermatologist as nothing OTC was helpful at all. Started her on a oral ampicillin and prescription clydamyacin and retain A, it has really kept the acne to a minimum, you don't want the pimples to get out of hand or it can get really bad.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast