Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

One thing to remember…it can take months to get in to see a dermatologist. I waited until my daughter came to me and said that she
    wanted to do more for her face. And then it took months to get in. I felt horrible for her having to wait so long for her appt.
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    At age 11 DD broke out in an insane amount of pimples, like over 50 on her forehead, cheeks, chin. It was terrible, coincided with getting her period. Went straight to the dermatologist as nothing OTC was helpful at all. Started her on a oral ampicillin and prescription clydamyacin and retain A, it has really kept the acne to a minimum, you don't want the pimples to get out of hand or it can get really bad.
    My DD got a RX for clyndamicin and it has worked great!

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks for the ELF blemish stick rec. I am going to pick one up next time I am at Target.

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have dd using apple cider vinegar and it works! I put it in a liquid soap pump bottle and dilute with water--now I can't remember if it half water or 2/3 water. You can look on-line. I am not sure if she is doing it daily or just when she thinks she needs it, but in any case her acne has decreased greatly and I know she uses it when acne appears--an it does away pretty quickly.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Does anyone's kids have eczema and extremely sensitive skin AND acne? And if so, what acne products can your kids use? Both DH and I had terrible skin in our teen years and DS1 (12) has had a handful of blemishes so far. I'm thinking that him swimming 5-6 days a week will actually help keep his face clearer because of the chlorine. His skin is super sensitive though and everything burns him. At first I just tried getting him some facial cleansing wipes but every single brand, even the sensitive ones, burned his face. Right now he uses either of the Vanicream facial cleansers and both of those are fine on his skin, when he remembers or chooses to wash his face that is! But I'm not sure if there's any type of acne treatment or preventative stuff that he'd be able to use. Definitely not anything with salicyclic acid. Maybe a spot treatment with benzoyl peroxide, but definitely not all over his face. He can't even use aloe vera as that has always burned as well.

I will definitely pick up some of those acne dots! I had never even heard of those! People say these are better than the Nexcare ones:
    http://www.amazon.com/Cover-Dot-Acne.../dp/B00X6JHY3S
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Aishe is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Does anyone's kids have eczema and extremely sensitive skin AND acne? And if so, what acne products can your kids use? Both DH and I had terrible skin in our teen years and DS1 (12) has had a handful of blemishes so far. I'm thinking that him swimming 5-6 days a week will actually help keep his face clearer because of the chlorine. His skin is super sensitive though and everything burns him. At first I just tried getting him some facial cleansing wipes but every single brand, even the sensitive ones, burned his face. Right now he uses either of the Vanicream facial cleansers and both of those are fine on his skin, when he remembers or chooses to wash his face that is! But I'm not sure if there's any type of acne treatment or preventative stuff that he'd be able to use. Definitely not anything with salicyclic acid. Maybe a spot treatment with benzoyl peroxide, but definitely not all over his face. He can't even use aloe vera as that has always burned as well.

I will definitely pick up some of those acne dots! I had never even heard of those! People say these are better than the Nexcare ones:
    http://www.amazon.com/Cover-Dot-Acne.../dp/B00X6JHY3S
    Have you tried salicylic acid? I have eczema and pretty darn sensitive skin and I handle it fine, but benzoyl peroxide is a nightmare. I'm betting that the chlorine is actually making his skin more sensitive than it would be otherwise. Not sure what can be done about that, though!

I would stay away from anything with witch hazel or essential oils. I used a witch hazel product (remember Noxzema?) when I was young and it literally took months of treatment to get rid of the rash.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Paula's Choice. I use her 2% BHA, but there are lots of other products to choose from. You can get samples to try out.

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My DD uses this stuff - it's a rollerball with salicylic acid.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004NG0QJ2

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thanks so much for all the relies, I've got lots of new options to research!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I recommend the "battle plans" from the cosmetics cop. Honestly, I am having a problem with a really bad zit right now (had a product that broke me out!) but using her technique of gentle cleanser, salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide I got amazingly clear skin. In fact, better than I'd ever had. I'd done Retin-A and some antibiotics before and the simple regimen worked the best! The best part about the battle plans is that it offers treatments in various degrees inching upwards to prescription treatments. I have studied this a ton and really recommend her site!

Here's a link:

http://www.paulaschoice-eu.com/learn...ing-blemishes/

minnie-zb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Clarisonic. It's made a huge difference in my girls skin. I can immediately tell when they aren't using it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast