Any suggestions for getting a baby to take a bottle?DD2 is almost 4 months old. She's EBF, and although we've tried to give her a bottle almost every week since she's been 6 weeks old (well, DH has tried, I don't do it), she's only actually taken the bottle twice. Most of the time, as soon as the nipple of the bottle touches her lips, she just starts screaming furiously and doesn't stop until I come nurse her. Any ideas of things we can try? Thankfully, I'm not working right now so it's not urgent, but I plan to BF for at least a year and would really love to be able to leave her with someone occasionally!

We started with Medela bottle and nipple, but then switched to Playtex nursers, which is what DD1 used successfully. The two times DD2 has taken a bottle, it was from that type. DH always gives the bottle, it's never me. I always try to stay out of sight and hearing when he tries, so she doesn't know I'm around. This morning, DH got up with her and tried to give her a bottle before she'd even seen me for the day, and he's also tried while I'm not home. All resulted in screaming baby, frustrated daddy. We've also tried using fresh milk (that I just pumped) instead of heating up frozen milk, in case that was altering the taste in some way for her. Didn't seem to make a difference. DD1 was also EBF, but DH bottle fed her routinely too (at least once a week), so it's not like he doesn't know what he's doing or anything.

It's a little strange to me too, because DD2 isn't a comfort nurser AT ALL. She doesn't nurse to sleep, doesn't want to nurse if she's upset -- she pretty much pops on, fills herself up, and she's done. Anyhow -- any other ideas of what we can try?