pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default How/where to wear these?

I found a pair of boots like this for my 6yo (different brand, but they look similar and have a zipper instead of laces): http://www.zappos.com/the-north-face...-sienna-orange

He LOVES them, but I'm not sure how he would use them. If his foot size wasn't still changing, I'd get them in a heartbeat. He has a new pair of tall Kamik snow boots, and has rugged Keen slip-ons for his every day shoe. Do you think the boot above would be OK to wear all day? The pair I found is a little higher than ankle height, but not as high as Kamik snow boots. They're basically the equivalent of adult LL Bean duck boots, except the shoe part is beefy like a snow boot. (That's the part that's making me wonder if it would be comfy indoors.)

Thoughts? They are inexpensive and I have "store dollars" that would cover the entire price. I have no use for the dollars otherwise, pretty much ever.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

They look like great winter boots to me. I'd imagine they'd be fine for all day wear too. Mine wear their regular snow boots all day (they prefer them).

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

My kids would get a lot of wear out of them, but its a toss up on all day or not. I love my LLBean boots but can't wear them all day without foot pain. ETA: my kids wouldn't wear them to school b/c they likely wouldn't work for gym class, so mostly weekends or evenings for walks/hiking
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

At our school (various preschools too) kids have to change from snow boots to regular sneakers for all day wear. I think that's because the boots are too wet. I just bought the boots you linked above for my 9 year this winter - as his main snow boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    At our school (various preschools too) kids have to change from snow boots to regular sneakers for all day wear. I think that's because the boots are too wet. I just bought the boots you linked above for my 9 year this winter - as his main snow boots.
    Yes to that! If I recall OP, your son goes to preschool? More likely the teachers or/and staff want the little ones to change into sneakers for indoor wear/play.

Ds1 preschool is asking parents to bring in a large open tote bag to carry each student snow boots, snow pants and a winter jacket. That way it's easy to transport day in and out or leave at school if desired. So I just got DS1 a new pair of jacket and snow pants for that purpose, he'll wear his bogs that will go back and forth from school. Will see as teachers told me the kids really enjoy recess 2 twice daily even out in cold and snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

He's in 1st grade, and I did go back to get the boots. They were $28 (down from $70+) and I had a $20 "bucks" coupon. He wore them right away even though it was 60 degrees out, and they didn't look big or bulky. I think he'll get a lot of wear out of them.