Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Well I've raised 2 girls well into their teens and my youngest just entered tweendom and I've never heard of/considered an emergency bag. Pretty much beginning in middle school my girls started to use purses for phones, chapstick, money, etc. in addition to the backpacks/bags for their books/lunch. They just stuff a handful of pads in their purse and call it a day! My 16yo also has a small bottle of Tylenol (and a signed release allowing her to self-administer) for when she gets cramps during school.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

Bought a small makeup bag for a teen pantyliner and 2 pads, and a backup panty. She keeps it in the front pocket of her backpack. DH works at the same school as DD, so he has a full size box of each item, and a pair of yoga pants.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Pretty much beginning in middle school my girls started to use purses for phones, chapstick, money, etc. in addition to the backpacks/bags for their books/lunch.
    My DD's MS does not allow purses.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    My DD's MS does not allow purses.
    Wow, that is very interesting. What is the thought behind this?
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

No idea, it's just the rule.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

We don't have anything for school at the moment but for GS camping trips she has a small water tight box with supplies, pads, change of underwear, tampons, etc. So she had something that won't get wet. I need to talk with her about school.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    Mom to 4 wonderful children

DS#1 7/96
    DS#2 11/00
    DD#1 11/03
    DD#2 6/08

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Girls don't carry purses in middle school here either - too much to carry with the binder, sports gear, lunch boxes band instruments. My DD will sometimes keep a pad in her pocket but she wouldn't throw them into her bag loose, could be embarrassing.

94bruin is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I gave DD1 an old, small non-descript make-up bag. I put extra underwear, black leggings and a few pads. She hasn't had her first period, but I had her practice putting one on at home. I remember when mine started at school way back when. I wish my mom had given me instructions and an emergency kit.
    DD1 2005
    DD2 2009

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Another vote for either a simple cosmetic bag with just liners, and pad, maybe underwear, No extra pants, if it's that bad she'll call home and stay in the nurses office. My DD just keeps a few extra liners and tampons in one of her backpack pockets (she got her period the summer before 6th grade, one month after her 11th birthday), don't go by what you did, I didn't get mine till I was 14!

Just wait till you all have to help them learn to put in a tampon, fun times!!! Luckily youtube exists and my DD asked me to "talk" her through it!

Just wait till you all have to help them learn to put in a tampon, fun times!!
    LOL! Mine shut herself in the bathroom with the instructions. It took half a box of Tampax Pearl Slender, but she got it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast