Thread: Cooking Blogs

Default Cooking Blogs

Can anyone recommend some cooking blogs or sites, particularly kid-food related ones? I'm having such a difficult time getting DS2 (he's 5) to eat these days. He has sensory processing disorder and he struggles during meals. Every mealtime is a challenge and I'm running out of options and ideas! Thanks!

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

This isn't kid specific but my kids have mostly loved her recipes.

skinnytaste.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My sister-in-law has found that my nephew (another 5-year-old who has SPD) does well with things made following the "100 days of real food" blog:

http://www.100daysofrealfood.com

Good luck!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Mel's Kitchen Cafe has great recipes. It's not necessarily kid-friendly, just normal food but my whole family has liked most of the recipes I've tried from her. Also, weelicious is a good, kid-specific blog.

Sorry I can't link because I'm on my phone but you can Google either one.
    Last edited by petesgirl; 11-04-2015 at 07:43 PM.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I second all three recs above. We have several family favorites from all three. The 100 days site has lots of school lunch ideas that I've found helpful with my picky eater to help move past pb&J every day. We looked at pictures of lunches together and made a list of components he was willing to try in his lunch.

Just off the top of my head...

From Mel's kitchen cafe my kids especially like the slow cooker beef enchilada meat. They also liked her smoothie recipe but you want to put it in a cup that isn't clear because the color is a little off putting http://www.melskitchencafe.com/my-fa...food-smoothie/

From 100 days they like the baked goods, smoothies, refried beans, whole chicken in a crockpot and whole wheat waffles.

From skinnytaste they like chicken nuggets and other things I can't think of right now.
    Last edited by mikala; 11-04-2015 at 06:15 PM.

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I also like Skinnytaste and Mel's Kitchen Cafe. I also have really enjoyed many recipes from Wanderlust Kitchen (also not kid-specific, but consistently good recipes).

Modern Parents, Messy Kids isn't a food blog, but they do have a quite a few kid-friendly food recipes: http://www.modernparentsmessykids.co...in-the-kitchen

ETA: I also like Pink Parsley. http://www.pink-parsley.com/ Again, not focused on kid foods, but she has several young children so most of her recipes are very kid friendly, and she sometimes even mentions how she alters things to work best for her kids.
    Last edited by Liziz; 11-04-2015 at 11:55 PM.
    Lizi

Dashingdish.com

Foodlets.com
    DD '06
    DD '14