Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Are Magnatiles and Magformers able to build together?

Are Magnatiles and Magformers able to build together?

I wasn't sure how compatible they are. My sister has quite a few sets of the Magnatiles
    and she doesn't know if she should just stick with the Magnatiles or if she can add Magformers
    into the mix.

Does anyone know?

Thanks!!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My son has both, but they pretty much need to be built separately since they don't really stick to each other. He uses Magnatiles to construct big towers, tunnels etc. and the Magformer sets came with wheels to build vehicles. They are similar but not interchangeable.
    DS age 9

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Momit View Post
    My son has both, but they pretty much need to be built separately since they don't really stick to each other. He uses Magnatiles to construct big towers, tunnels etc. and the Magformer sets came with wheels to build vehicles. They are similar but not interchangeable.

Thanks for the info!! That's exactly what I needed to know!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would agree. We have both

Mostly not interchangeable. My kids do play with them together. So there are limited ways they attach.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have both and I would say the same thing. I would also say our Magnatiles get more love than our magnaformers. Unless the child really wants to build something that will stay together when moved (which magnaformers do better), I would go with more magna tiles. We have a set of magna tiles and magnaformers with wheels so both can be used that way.

hwin708 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

As others said, they are not compatible. But there are other brands on Amazon that are compatible with Magnatiles. It's usually one of the first questions asked and answered in the questions section under the product description on Amazon.

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hwin708 View Post
    As others said, they are not compatible. But there are other brands on Amazon that are compatible with Magnatiles. It's usually one of the first questions asked and answered in the questions section under the product description on Amazon.
    We had one of those other brands too. But we had a piece break (with normal usage) VERY quickly. So I got scared off on the off-brands and do Magnatiles only now.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

Quote Originally Posted by vonfirmath View Post
    We had one of those other brands too. But we had a piece break (with normal usage) VERY quickly. So I got scared off on the off-brands and do Magnatiles only now.
    I love our Magnatiles but we have had a lot of pieces break or crack, exposing the magnet, and not from rough play. Considering the price paid, I'm not too pleased about it.