krobbin is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Where to buy MLP mini pony sets?

My girls are just getting into My Little Pony right now and I cannot seem to find a set containing all the main characters anywhere except eBay and Amazon (for a lot of money!). Apparently they were sold at Wal-mart/TRU in the past (attached photo). We have the Sweet Apple Acres Barn set and were hoping to continue with ponies of that size.

Do they come out with sets for the holidays or do I just have to go buy some blind bags and hope to find them all?
    Attached Images Attached Images

My kids are super into them also, but are very specific about which ponies they want or don't want (the style of the ponies can differ)--but I just bought this set today--it's definitely from awhile ago, already selling for crazy prices on amazon and ebay--it was a shopping coup for me!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...entPage=search

My daughter has the MLP busy book. Set of 12 smaller figurines (smaller than the ones in the blind bags) includes all the main characters and spike.

http://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Pony...pony+busy+book
    DD 1/1/10---our very own baby new year
    DD2 3/26/12

Quote Originally Posted by carolyn_oh View Post
    My daughter has the MLP busy book. Set of 12 smaller figurines (smaller than the ones in the blind bags) includes all the main characters and spike.

http://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Pony...pony+busy+book
    This may not be too bad of an idea, I have seen the other busy books at my local Costco, maybe they have MLP too.

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm surprised these aren't all over anymore. My DD loved them a few years back and there were always tons at Target and Toys R Us. It sounds strange, but maybe look in the toy aisles at drug stores or TJ Maxx/Marshalls. I've found toys that are no longer carried in toy stores by chance and for good prices too. After Dinosaur Train was over and my kids got into it, TJ Maxx had some & for much cheaper than what i could find on amazon.

I know this thread is older, but our Walmart just had a set similar to one the OP was looking for, it had all the 5 main ponies and possible also had Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom.
    Mother to DD 10/2010

Quote Originally Posted by rkold View Post
    I know this thread is older, but our Walmart just had a set similar to one the OP was looking for, it had all the 5 main ponies and possible also had Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom.
    Thank you, I will check it out. I am still looking!

Quote Originally Posted by krobbin View Post
    Thank you, I will check it out. I am still looking!
    I hope you can find it! It was super close to the set you have pictured, except I'm not sure I saw Princess Cadence (but since I saw Shinning Armour, I bet she was there), Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. (I think the set had Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle instead, but I imagine most kids would rather have those 3.) My DD use to love MLP, but now is into Shopkins so we were mostly looking at those, but when I saw the set I remembered someone here was looking for one.
    Mother to DD 10/2010