Default Quick side dish help

Some friends of ours just invited us over to dinner tonight. They're making a pork loin, and I'm bringing a side. I haven't had pork loin in a while, so I'm not even sure what a good side choice is. And it needs to be something that you can find in a grocery store hot food department. We just got invited about 45 minutes ago, but my day is packed. DS has his swim lesson, then I need to go to Target, then we're going to see The Peanuts movie, and then we really just have a few minutes to run into a store before we head over to their house. We do have a Whole Foods here, but I usually just go to Harris Teeter or Lowes, if you're in North Carolina/the Southeast and know what those are. lol

It's a very casual get together. We usually end up drinking beer and watching football. They'll be six adults and four kids five and under. Thanks for your help! I'm really stuck on this for some reason.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

I would get hot mac-n-cheese as a side. We also almost always eat cinnamon applesauce warmed up with pork dishes. Any green veggie would probably be good too.

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I try to always bring a bag of salad with me because people always overlook salad. I would prefer wild rice, risotto, or rice with pork loin over Mac n cheese, but I know Mac n cheese is a very regional dish and it might work just fine with pork loin.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

can you get a bag of cut up broccoli, brussel sprouts or butternut squash? You can roast it when you get there.
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Green beans were my first thought! I feel like they'd be readily available.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

barkley1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'd get a potato - scalloped or mashed, the apples are a good idea too.
    DC ~ 9
    DC ~ 7

Thanks, all! I just picked up some green beans and shallots from Whole Foods. It looks pretty good, but I'll need to warm it up. All the suggestions sounded good!
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09