Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DS is 11 and his MS has a uniform, thank goodness. But, he is extremely brand aware and picky about brands. He mostly wears only Nike and Addidas athletic wear and soccer jerseys of teams he loves (won't wear a jersey that isn't authentic). He has a few nicer outfits for fancier occasions, but we don't have many of those. He's actually a lot more picky about his clothes/shoes than DD, and always has been.
    Last edited by baymom; 11-09-2015 at 04:23 PM.

Uniform during the week. On weekends, its Dr Who or Star Wars t shirts (long sleeve in winter). Pants--he loves Mulberry Bush lined pants. But he this is the last year he will be able to wear them. He also likes sweats. He will probably wear some sort of warm up pant. He hates jeans with a passion. He wears Nike tennis shoes only because they are relatively cheap (the ones I buy) and they last the school year. In the summer, its cargo pants, t shirts, and Keen sandals or Nike tennis shoes. He does wear a spiffy fedora with 2 Dr. Who Buttons that people compliment him on :-) (but no hats at school)

He will wear a thinner coat to school--wears his ski coat only if it is really cold. He will wear mittens and a hat at recess. (he is in 6th grade) And he wears the ski coat and bibs when we ski/sled--which is fairly often.

I don't care as long as he is covered, not wearing ripped/torn or really dirty clothes and they have to fit him--not too small.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

g-mama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lovin2shop View Post
    Both my boys, 13 and 7, think they are under contract with Nike...
    That's a good one. Nike is always SO expensive!
    Kristen
    mama to 3 wild and crazy boys - ages 16, 13 and 11

g-mama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That's a good one. Nike is always SO expensive!
    Kristen
    mama to 3 wild and crazy boys - ages 16, 13 and 11

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    My teen doesn't care one bit. I buy him whatever and he wears it. He's unaware that brands even exist. . Uniforms for school so I don't need to buy him much anyway.
    This is is us. Gator is 12yo and wears a uniform all week long. Then on Sundays, for church, he wears his uniform pants and I pair it with a sweater and button down shirt. In the summer he wears his uniform pants with a golf shirt to church. Other than that he has 2 pairs of jeans (Levi's 505) that he will wear with a golf shirt or button down and sweater if he wants to dress to impress, a ton of t shirts from various places and some athletic c9 tees. He pretty much lives in his c9 to shirts and c9 athletic/warm up pants at home. In the winter he throws a fleece zip-neck over it all. He still fits into some Janie and Jack sweaters so I always scan the sales section for their sweaters. They are great quality so I don't mind spending more because I can pass them down to his brothers. Not sure where I'm going to get him sweaters when he outgrows that brand.

Winter coats and bibs are lands end (because he loves the thumb-hole sleeve) and he down hill skiis all winter so he has a nice ski coat too.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 11-09-2015 at 11:14 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Athletic shorts and T's are our Tween uniform here. He could care less. Oh I would just laugh if he demanded all Nike or Under Armor We have some but if he wants it not on sale he can buy it. Thankfully he hasn't gotten into that.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Default teen clothing

My boy 14 and girl 9 are colorful wearing, but I dont see them care much, they like almost clothes I bought

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

LOL! So is my 11 yr. old son.
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

Mine too. Although to be fair, the younger one is a competitive tennis player, so maybe some day.....
    Michelle

DS#1 10/02
    DS#2 8/04

Homeschooling mom to 2 middle schoolers, once-owner of the now-defunct My Little Ducks

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

UA or Nike, mostly shorts and dri fit t shirts or UA tech, either short or long sleeve. As to winter coat, buy a Patagonia down sweater jacket (hi loft version is probably heavier/warmer) and hope for the best. The other morning it was 40 degrees going up to 45 degrees and I counted 6 boys on the playgrounds with shorts and hoodies on (and those stupid Nike elite 3/4 socks). For now, this is a hill I am willing to die on but I suspect I won't be able to keep up the good fight much longer.
    Last edited by Kindra178; 11-18-2015 at 02:37 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast