Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by westwoodmom04 View Post
    I would say boys wearing tight spandex to school would be inappropriate for similar reasons that the leggings can be inappropriate, it's just not a trend right now.
    OK, then my line in the sand will be I shouldn't be able to tell how big your labia or testicles are in the leggings.

Oh yeah, and the labia thing is a real thing. I have a friend who is an OB/Gyn and a colleague of her's performs a lot of labiaplastys ( or is that labiaplasties???) on teenage girls because they think their labias are too big. Wrap your mind around that!

Minnifer is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    I have a friend who is an OB/Gyn and a colleague of her's performs a lot of labiaplastys ( or is that labiaplasties???) on teenage girls because they think their labias are too big. Wrap your mind around that!
    Whaaaa - on TEENAGE GIRLS?!?! That is unbelievable and just so sad that we have gotten to the point where now girls think THAT is wrong with them, too (not to mention, what parents would consent to their daughters having that procedure, assuming they need consent if minors?!?).
    Lucky single mama to DD 5/08 and DS 6/11

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ummm....I'm really hoping I'm unclear on what you mean "I see so many girls who dress inappropriately for their body type", because what I'm thinking is sort of offensive.
    Wasn't trying to be offensive. I can't wear a bikini. It's not appropriate for me to wear because it would look terrible. I have tons (most?) of my friends wear bikinis regularly. They look great. Does that make more sense? Why can't we teach our girls and boys to dress appropriately for the situation?

I thought of this thread while I was out Christmas Shopping a few weeks ago. While many of you feel that leggings are not pants, I think the world has decided that indeed, they are. I can't tell you the number of girls and women of all shapes and sizes embracing leggings as pants.

daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I thought the same thing over break. I remember when I first started practicing law and women were not allowed to wear pant suits (only skirt suits), and once I was told that I couldn't go to court if I was wearing a red suit. Red= racy???? This was back in 1994.
    I am not a feminist by any measure, but I firmly believe that it is not my 9 year old daughter's or my responsibility in modern society to not allow her to wear thin pants because someone may find them sexually suggestive. Tight jeans are allowed. It is only thin leggings that are not.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    I see so many girls who dress inappropriately for their body type - as parents, we need to teach girls AND boys what to wear when.
    Ummm....I'm really hoping I'm unclear on what you mean "I see so many girls who dress inappropriately for their body type", because what I'm thinking is sort of offensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Wasn't trying to be offensive. I can't wear a bikini. It's not appropriate for me to wear because it would look terrible. I have tons (most?) of my friends wear bikinis regularly. They look great. Does that make more sense? Why can't we teach our girls and boys to dress appropriately for the situation?
    Please take a look at this (warning: NSFW language):
    "Here's a New Chart on Getting a Bikini Body that Every Woman Needs to See"

Yep.
    Last edited by citymama; 01-08-2016 at 02:42 PM.

for Sandy Hook

Minnifer is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Please take a look at this (warning: NSFW language):
    "Here's a New Chart on Getting a Bikini Body that Every Woman Needs to See"

Yep.
    Love this!

Saying someone should not wear a bikini to a formal wedding (bc it is not appropriate dress for that situation) is verrrry different to me from saying they should not wear a bikini or leggings because of their body type... that's a personal choice and nobody else's business as far as I'm concerned.
    Lucky single mama to DD 5/08 and DS 6/11

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I just don't like leggings as pants. Unless the woman/girl is wearing a long tunic, sweater, etc. to cover the butt and vagina area. Jeans don't bother me.
    Jeans are usually thicker material. In most cases, the leggings are pretty thin and they show every nook and cranny on the person's body. I've seen a woman's
    thong as she bent over in front of me. I just don't think it's appropriate. My daughter says that she sees other girls' thongs/g-strings through their leggings all the
    time at school. I can't believe that parents are okay with their daughter looking like that. And how is that not sexual?
    Imagine a teen boy seeing that every day on tons of girls. I don't know how they get any work done! I'm sure they drop a lot of pencils and wait for little Suzie to pick it up.
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Corie View Post
    I just don't like leggings as pants. Unless the woman/girl is wearing a long tunic, sweater, etc. to cover the butt and vagina area. Jeans don't bother me.
    Jeans are usually thicker material. In most cases, the leggings are pretty thin and they show every nook and cranny on the person's body. I've seen a woman's
    thong as she bent over in front of me. I just don't think it's appropriate. My daughter says that she sees other girls' thongs/g-strings through their leggings all the
    time at school. I can't believe that parents are okay with their daughter looking like that. And how is that not sexual?
    Imagine a teen boy seeing that every day on tons of girls. I don't know how they get any work done! I'm sure they drop a lot of pencils and wait for little Suzie to pick it up.
    And that's just the kind of comment that drives me crazy. If my son is distracted because some girls thong is showing much he needs to cope with it. It's not like it stops when they get out of their teens! I expect my son to learn how to cope, not ogle, and realize that his reaction to this situation is under his control. Because to give any other message to my son is basically say "you can't control yourself." If I found my son dropping pencils for some girl to pick up I would tell him he is being an asshole.

Besides, my husband will testify you don't need them half naked to be distracted. So he in no way blames girls for his "distractness". He feels like it was a phase he needed to go though to learn how to deal with it. All my male friends who I think are good to women pretty much feel the same way. Curiously enough the ones that go on about the way women dress don't treat the women in their life well. Go figure.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

And that's just the kind of comment that drives me crazy. If my son is distracted because some girls thong is showing much he needs to cope with it. It's not like it stops when they get out of their teens! I expect my son to learn how to cope, not ogle, and realize that his reaction to this situation is under his control. Because to give any other message to my son is basically say "you can't control yourself." If I found my son dropping pencils for some girl to pick up I would tell him he is being an asshole.

Besides, my husband will testify you don't need them half naked to be distracted. So he in no way blames girls for his "distractness". He feels like it was a phase he needed to go though to learn how to deal with it. All my male friends who I think are good to women pretty much feel the same way. Curiously enough the ones that go on about the way women dress don't treat the women in their life well. Go figure.
    Thumbs up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast