Do your kids have it? What are your experiences with it?

My son who will be 15 in two weeks and a freshman in HS is begging us to let him have this app. We have said no for two years. I went to an Internet Safety session and learned that the app was originally created by two college students for the purpose of sending nude pics that will vanish after a few seconds. The meeting was held by an FBI agent who specializes in child predators.

My son wanted it but wasn't that pressed about it for awhile, but now it's gotten to the point that he says it's hampering him socially not to have it as it has largely replaced texting amongst teenagers. Allllll of his friends have it and he feels totally left out by not being able to communicate with them that way.

DS is a very good kid. I trust him and feel like we've done a good job in raising him to have strong morals and make good choices. But, it's one app that we, as parents, cannot monitor, and even if he's a good boy, it's the other kids out there. Some of the girls his age are very aggressive and he gets a lot of female attention.

Anyone have any experiences to share with me to help me decide?