Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default # of weddings you've attended as an adult

Last night, we asked my SIL how many weddings she's attended bc it seems that she's spent the past decades going to weddings all the time. She was still counting when she left but she was at 36.

Dh and I just hit the timing wrong on weddings. Neither of us were close with people in college, we mostly hung out with his (slightly older) co-workers. So we missed the huge wave of college friends and 20 something friends. Luckily (I guess) we've had some 2nd+ marriages and a few late bloomers plus some childhood friends. We only got to 10 weddings attended as adults, I think.

How about you?

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I came up with 23, but I am sure I've missed some. There are a few I can kind of picture, but can't place with a person any more!

There was 1 year that we went to 7. We were in our early 30s then. In fact, we were invited to 3 weddings, on different weekends in October all in Wisconsin...we live in Michigan. We went to 2 of 3.
    Kris

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I think maybe 3 or 4, and we even missed the ceremony for one of those. I might have forgotten 1 or 2, but I think that's it.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

20 or so

I can think of 2 that were actual friends, and 3-4 more out of town friends/family we were invited to but didn't attend. Then there was a boyfriend's cousin, my dad's friends, and 2 family friends when I was in my late teens to early 20s. So even stretching the definition of adult and including the ones I didn't make it to I am still barely at 10!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

4?
    BFF when we were young (19).
    XH's coworker (21).
    Cousin (26).
    Other cousin (27).
    Ours (34).
    DH's coworker's child (35).

So, 6. That being said, I'm not very social, so I'm not invited to a ton of weddings. I keep very few friends, really. I was invited, but skipped, my sister's wedding (sham wedding to get citizenship, lasted all of 3 weeks living together). When our older DDs got married, one eloped (told us as they were on the way to the courthouse hours away), and DH and I weren't together for the other one, so I didn't go to either of those. (Still makes me sad.)
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

I think I've been to 13? More than half of them are relatives, I've been to the weddings of 5 cousins, missed 2 cousin's wedding and have a 6th cousin's wedding planned for January. We also went to the wedding of my little brother and DH's little sister. I have a lot of single friends who have no interest in getting married or friends I've made post their getting married. I also had one wedding that got canceled the day before it was supposed to take place. The rehearsal dinner in NJ (which we missed) was on the same day as the big NorthEastern Blackout in '03.
    Mother to DD 10/2010

Probably in the 25-30 range. I have a large extended family and lots of high school and college friends that I've kept in touch with. It's been a couple of years since our last wedding though, I think we've pretty much wrapped up that stage of our social lives

20-25. We were invited to a wedding last year that we weren't able to attend and that was the first one in a long time.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

12 - I think

1 family friend
    4 college friends
    3 coworkers /friends
    2 family members
    2 cousins
    Last edited by jgenie; 11-08-2015 at 09:18 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast