Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I can think of 27, there may be a few more.

6 family members
    2 high school friends
    10 college friends
    9 friends/coworkers post college

I think we are done for a while unless seconds come around.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I counted 20 but I feel like I'm missing a few. Most were in our 20's.

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

OK, now I think it is me...

Maybe 5

My cousin
    BIL
    3 friends.

I didn't go to my BFF because she got married on a cruise and I couldn't afford to go as we were newlyweds and I was still in college.

Sad... I guess
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Probably around 20, thinking over this again it's definitely more. This is not because I am a social butterfly. It's because my grandparents didn't believe in birth control so I have a lot of relatives :-) . Right now we're averaging about one a year right now in my family, and it's a great reason for a family reunion!
    Last edited by California; 11-08-2015 at 11:24 PM.

WitMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I've counted 28. I may have missed some, but that's the number I arrive at without thinking too hard.

I had a huge run the summer I was 22. In 14 weekends we attended 11 weddings. They were from all walks of life; I was still in college with a year to go. DH was out of school. We'd been dating over a year but not yet engaged that summer. We hit his sibling, college friends, co-workers, volunteer friends, and cousins.

I just looked at my contacts and I had 40 anniversary dates in there from 1995 through 2005 that we attended about 30 of those.

In the past 10 years - basically post-kids, I can only come up with 5 or 6.

Between DH & I; about 15 weddings and maybe 3 myself prior DH.

There's a 10 year difference between DH & I. So when we met, his social friends/cousins were already married. I was in the middle of my social HS/college set wedding fever. So the bulk of 15 weddings was from my side. One of it was my cousins first marriage and now will attend his second wedding next year.

Now it's all about baptisms/communions/confirmation and HS graduations. Think we're done with weddings unless its second or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Philly Mom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

At least 30 with 5-10 that we missed for some reason. I was thinking it was not a lot. Compared to my parents, many of my friends and my siblings, the last 15 years, it is barely a dent. There was a time my parents were going to 10+ weddings a year for many years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure it's entirely fair if I play...DH is a pastor. Even if I eliminate weddings he officiated, I am at three - just since May. Because we changed churches and it was a slow wedding summer for us! Lots of people in our lives means lots and lots of weddings. Lots. I have no idea how to count an adult lifetime total! I'm fascinated by some of the low numbers and how different lives are.
    Susan

Thatcher Bennett 9/01
    Ava Grace 9/07

Maybe 8 or 9? I would have thought it would have been more. I can of three we were invited to but didn't go to because of distance and lack of vacation time. And there were three where the couples only had immediate family--parents, siblings and grandparents. Two of those were destination weddings and when they came back to town they had receptions/parties, so maybe those count.

DH and I both are from relatively small families, we don't really keep in touch with high school friends, DH didn't go to college, so the lower number kind of makes sense for us.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast