Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

14 all but one DH was at, which was two months before I met him when I was 20, and DH was 22. DH and I met at a wedding.

siblings: 2 (DH's brother, my brother)
    cousins: 5 (4 mine, 1 DH)
    childhood friends: 3 (I met DH at one of these)
    college friends: 2 (both mine)
    co workers: 2 (both mine)

#15 will be next May for one of my cousins.

Most of DH's cousins live on the east coast and he isn't close to them at all. He has two cousins on the west coast. I have a few cousins who eloped or had small weddings.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 11-09-2015 at 03:01 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Really????? Geez, some of you have been to a LOT of weddings!!!! I'm 34 and I think I've been to a total of 4 weddings LOL!

#1 Best friend from high school
    #2 Second best friend from high school
    #3 DH's friend from college
    #4 DH's childhood friend

DH and I aren't the most social people I guess! I have 6 best friends from high school and 2 of them aren't married yet and 1 eloped. Besides my best friends, I really don't see myself being invited to any other weddings! DH did go to 2 weddings without me (law school friend and childhood friend) because they were out-of-state and it was too much of a pain for us all to go and get childcare. DH only has 2 childhood friends who are married so far so I expect more weddings to come.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Maybe 15.

We have a relatively small family, and many of my friends got married overseas. Oddly, several college friends never married!

I've missed most relative's weddings overseas, but we will go for all the niece/nephew weddings, as far as possible. Then I missed two important weddings in the U.S. due to recent childbirth.

I expect our older friends' kids will start getting married in another 5-6 years, assuming we are invited Watch them all go and elope!

Probably 20-25 and missed another 5 or so. There was definitely a period after college where we spent a lot of time and money traveling to weddings.
    DS 9/12

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

In the last dozen years, we have been to:

--2 first cousins (both DHs, mine are all older than me)
    --10-12 sets of friends (mostly mine), maybe others that I am forgetting

and sent regrets to another 10-12 that were too far to attend

for Sandy Hook

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm up to 14 without thinking too hard, and I'm sure I've missed some in thinking through them, so I'm going to guess about 20. And my oldest niece gets married this spring, so I'll add another one then.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DH and I have been to 8, either separately or together, since we've been out of college. Some of those were duplicates, though (as in, a few of our friends have divorced and remarried). Many of our college friends are just now settling down (at 40).
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011

I think 4. (But I'm 31 and it seems like a lot of people my age are just starting to settle down.)

DH and I got married (eloped) really young-19 and 22- and moved overseas (to a remote base) with the military so most of the people we made friends with were already married, and while we were away a lot of our friends in serious relationships got married or we drifted apart. Now we have friends we have mostly made since being stateside but they are all already married and mostly 5+ yrs older than me. My best friend from hs is having a small family-only out of state/beach wedding next year and the best friend I made in college took a page from my book and eloped as well, although we were invited, we were not at a point where we could afford a trip to Vegas for her wedding. We are both the oldest children and none of our siblings have gotten married yet. We do have 3 cousins getting married next yr but one out of the country that we won't be attending for sure.
    Last edited by AngB; 11-09-2015 at 11:48 AM.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

14 that I can remember

3 - DH's sisters
    2 - DH's cousins
    2 - My cousins
    2 - My childhood friends
    4 - DH's childhood friends
    1 - My boss

I'm guessing I am forgetting a few too. Maybe 4-5 that I cant remember. the weddings started the summer I graduated from college.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

4. Two were my siblings in law. We've probably been invited to 10, but we had kids at 21, so we declined most invitations. Also, I hate weddings...

Also, I'm 32. Most of my high school and college friends only got married in the last 3 years and so I've been married and out of touch with them for a decade....
    Last edited by megs4413; 11-09-2015 at 12:18 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast