khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default How do you store larger photos? 8x10s, 5x7s...

I've got my kids school photos and athletic photos scattered everywhere. I dont always display large 8x10s in my home. I'd like to get a photobook to put all of these things in. I saw a 3-ring binder photo album on Amazon for cheap ($8.99), and you can buy BCW photo pages to put in the album. I was thinking this might be a good option? I could put all of the 8x10 photos and 5x7s together in 1 book.

Is this a good idea? Is there a better option? Do i need anything else besides the album & photo pages? I saw one review where the person mentioned putting card-stock in the photo page as well to make it less bendy.

here is the album I was considering.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

and photo insert pages

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That seems like a better idea than what I purchased (Scrapbook pages) But have not got around to actually doing.

that's a high price for the pages. Maybe go to Hobby Lobby and see if you can buy them singly/in smaller packages?
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I actually keep them in the same picture frame. I just put the new one on top.

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by vonfirmath View Post
    That seems like a better idea than what I purchased (Scrapbook pages) But have not got around to actually doing.

that's a high price for the pages. Maybe go to Hobby Lobby and see if you can buy them singly/in smaller packages?
    Really? I thought the price for the pages was cheap. 100 8x10 for roughly $17? or 25 5x7s for $7?
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by khalloc View Post
    Really? I thought the price for the pages was cheap. 100 8x10 for roughly $17? or 25 5x7s for $7?
    The expensive part is having to buy 100 at once. I don't have that many 8x10s.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I usually put them in the spare pages of our annual Shutterfly book.

rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    This is what I do at work. We too have multiple sports and scout photos (some framed, some not) spread about the house. I'd like to hang the most recent and put the others "somewhere". I like the idea of putting them in an album or just three ring binder with page protectors. That's not very fancy, but having them at hand until we can buy something nicer is good too. Good suggestion about the card-stock.
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I bought archival boxes from the Container Store. Each child has one and I just put them in the box when we get pictures.

http://www.containerstore.com/s/arch...d%20free%20box

azzeps is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    My mom did this with my school photos and when she finally took them out of the frame, they were all stuck together! Whoops.
    DD - 3/2008
    DS - 7/2011

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I get a similar 8.5 x 11 solid color photo album from AC Moore, and fill it with extra photo pages from there as well. I don't bother with putting extra paper in the pages as it just makes the book thicker. Each DC has one started from their very first baby pictures from Portrait Innovations. It's probably time to start another for elementary/middle.